MdsCool

Getting server names already used

Hi,

So the title probably doesn't explain it all but let me explain. Basically, I had an idea for a server and so I chose a name for it and not to my surprise, it's taken. So I join the server to see what it actually is and it's nothing. Literally nothing. No plugins, just an empty world, suggesting that nobody is using it anymore.

I think there should be a thing like all servers after the big reset which has nothing on them still now, gets removed, so that other people who want the name can take it.

• Like 1

Senior Support on Minehut

Discord: MdsCool#0001

• Confused 1

I've been doing skript for 3 years. I don't find my self a "better" skripter or do competitions against others.

I just wish people can just get along & just help each out and be kind to one and another.

I have been hosting ValkNet for 4 years

ever since 2015 when i joined minehut around February or January.

I'm the owner of ValkyrieNetwork (known as ValkNet) | https://discord.gg/rPTYbQY

A great service that i provide for the minehut community!

Discord: TacticalModz#3082

Maybe if the server has no players after a year?

Posted (edited)

+1 If a minehut account that owns a server hasn't been on in X amount of years and minehut has sent them emails (over the course of the last few months before expire) notifying them that their server will expire (both the name and files) and they still don't come back then they should remove it. This will also help remove all those empty vanilla servers that were only played on for a day or two and then forgotten about. Maybe make people who have paid for server slots or etc. be immune to this?

Edited by FirstTo1Million

I personally love this idea.

And I have that issue all the time.

I think after a 5 month period of time the server name should be called inactive-server1 or whatever.

2019-06-25_16.49.00.png

2019-06-25_18.13.26.png

2019-06-25_16.42.21.png

This is happening to me too. Even a random number generator doesnt generate any numbers that are an unused minehut name. I generated the number 3168249686 and that was STILL TAKEN. Please do the idea of a bot that changes the name of your server. But I think 5 months to change the name is a bit too long. I think maybe a week or two with no activity at all will change the name.

I like the idea but I feel that it could be better. The way that I would recommend that it’s done would be where if a server is inactive for 3 months, then it’s eligible to have its name requested by someone who wants it. This could be done through the forums some way. After the 3 months though, the name stays theirs until someone else wants it.

Edited by Jackson85
  • Like 1

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1