[[Template core/front/global/favico is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content

Staff Application - ASFMatthew_

Minecraft In-Game Name:
ASFMatthew_

Previous In-Game Names:
N/A

Discord Name and Tag (Ex: Pndq#2240):
ASFMatthew_#1108

Timezone:
EST

Do you have access to a working microphone? (yes/no):
Yes

Do you have the ability to record hackers?:
I use a Mac, so I improved my preferred method since the last season.

What languages do you speak (fluently)?: 
English

General Details:

Why did you decide to apply for staff on PlexPvP?

Plex has been something in the community that has had numerous amounts of ups and downs with sudden spikes and excitement around. I hoped to see Plex reopen one day after the very random close down in early August, with solemn thoughts that it wouldn't happen, in the middle of the blue an @everyone changed it all. 
        I have been apart of the community since last Christmas, where I didn't play as much, and I wasn't well known in the community. After the long period I had taken off of Minecraft, and video games in general, I had decided to take a shot and see how Plex was doing. They were currently recruiting and looked low on staff, so I decided to apply. After the long process and Jurassic changes, I had officially been accepted and apart of the PlexPVP staff team! I was grateful and felt accepted, and was exceptionally shocked that I was worthy enough to join. I served exceedingly and was grateful for the opportunity to do so.
        The main reason why I've applied is because of some aspects I didn't cover when I was staff before. For example, I hadn't improved much on my grammar or how to experience a threat attack on a fellow staff member. For those reasons, I'm trying to settle on a median ground where I can continue improving and. If it works well, then I can attempt to go further beneath the Minecraft application system and head out for something big. My goal when being staff is to finally accomplish those situations I've been lacking and be successful when doing so!

Why should we accept you over other applicants?

Activity on Plex for me was well around 3-4 hours a day. Unfortunately, the server closed for an update and hadn't reopened afterward. Activity on Discord for me is whenever I happen to check it. I can answer quickly and formally for anything like Support or a report. 
        Another reason is because of my communal discussions. I tend to be involved with the community in conversations or arguments on a particular topic. I also like to give my share of suggestions that are either ignored or are implemented. For a more brief standpoint, the categories below will define my immediate 
strengths & weaknesses.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Some of the things I've perfected are: 

Moderation: Something I've been doing for a while now, on both MC and Discord servers. 

Assistance: Assisting is something I've always found enjoying and calming. It is my preferred way of helping people out the most!

Focused: I'm coming back now with more energy and a bigger connection to the server. With this being in place, I've become more focused on rejoining and gaining that spirit I once had before. 

Honesty: From time to time I make that very immature decision of distributing things not meant to be given out. Since then, I've improved majorly on it 

Building: I haven't been doing much building lately, but I can make simple builds like a small spawn or a custom tree of some sort. 

Some of the things I'm trying to improve on are:

Developing: Development was a feature I had lacked for as long as I can remember. I did take some time this year to learn how to make a simple discord bot. It wasn't anything special, and I quit in the middle because I forgot to save it. 

Greater connection with the community: As stated above, I believe I have a decent sense and great friendship with the major people in the community. I hope to meet new people and engage more throughout the season!

Grammar: I wouldn't say it's a major setback, but from time to time I might slip up and spell a word incorrectly. Although I would say I've improved gracefully, just not ready to call it a "strength" yet.

Too detail-oriented: I tend to get ahead of myself and go beyond what I can do. I get very annoyed at the small details that make a project less efficient. Like my grammar, this isn't much of an issue, more just of something I need to improve. 

What moderation experience do you have? Explain what you learned from these experiences:

I have been staff on many servers, including a group called "Gold". We made player voted servers like farming, idle-clicking, skyblock, & lots more!.

GoldClicks: It was an idle-clicking server with 10+ players on at a time. It wasn't the most populated server we made but I had learned a lot about my colleagues and the teachings we taught one another. We had over 200+ people in the main "Gold" group server and shared many achievements.

GoldFarms: Another "Gold" group server, based on farming. It was scripted by a friend and built by myself. We had many exploiters and unwanted visitors whom we dealt with professionally. It lasted for 7 months and had planned a 2nd season to continue.

Meteorism: This server was one of the less popular servers as it was deleted immediately after release. We had scripted, built, & furnished everything when all of a sudden Minehut's servers went down causing massive backhand corruption resulting in many servers including ours to unfortunately restart. We've practically given up after that but learned that you shouldn't spend too much time on something if in the end, it will turn into thin dust.

Zoomy: Another server that hadn't been released only because of our laziness. We've constructed it 2 years ago and built a pretty decent skyblock spawn island. I was very happy with how it turned out and learned I'm not that bad at building.

PlexPVP: The biggest server I've had experience with. I served as a Mod for 2 months and learned a lot from it. I met amazing people and worked with an outstanding team!

These are some of the many servers I had constructed and been apart of in my career. I've also built numerous amounts of custom Discord Servers, one of them with even 800+ members!

Have you ever been punished on Plex or any other Minecraft servers? If so, why were you punished and how did you learn from it?

When I was staff, I misused permissions and did a command in the public chat. I was given a final warning and was let alone. I learned to be more mature and not abuse my permissions for any sort of joke.

What are some hobbies, activities, or achievements you have outside of Minecraft?

Some hobbies of mine are:

*Playing Football, Basketball, & Soccer.

*I like math, and some English courses.

*I've won several awards provided by my school both with a group and without.

*I enjoy hanging out with friends and family frequently! 

Situational Questions:

If the server is being botted, what would you do?

I haven't had any personal experience in this specific scenario. What I would do though is mute the chat, and ban the bots. By mistake, if a player were to be punished they would appeal with some evidence and submit it to be reviewed.

If you get into an argument with a player, how would you try to resolve the situation? Would you come to terms with their side of the argument or would you just stop arguing?

I'd first see if their side is more efficient than mine. If it makes more sense or the majority disagrees with my opinion, I'll side with the player's opinion. If the topic is irrelevant and dumb to even talk about I'll end it there and step aside. 

Tell us about a mistake you made in the past. What did you learn from this mistake and how did you deal with it?

One time I had been banned on Hypixel due to hacking even though I have never actually owned or downloaded a client. When I went to go appeal, I must've worded my paragraph wrong cause the next thing I knew, the founder of Hypixel reported me to Mojang, and the following morning my account had been suspended and logged out of. I learned that I shouldn't have been overreacting since it was a 7-day ban, as I don't play much on the server.  

If a staff member’s account was hacked, what would you do?

If I'm able to, I would kick the user off if they're below my rank. If they're above, then I'd report it to a higher staff for them to deal with it. If they needed further assistance, I'd happily help but not much work can be done by me. 

You see a player claiming he was falsely banned on another server. He begins to talk about botting Plex. How do you react? 

In that case, I would warn him for threatening the server. It's not anything immense because he isn't doing the action at that moment but I would report him also to the other staff to keep an eye out if he continues to say it.

There is a player constantly saying bad things about the staff team, but they aren't technically breaking any rules? What do you do?

I would ask him to stop mentioning such harsh comments. Even if I wasn't staff, I would say the same thing because that user doesn't realize the amount of work done by the team. 

A player, who claims to be friends with staff, is messaging you saying he will tell his friends that you are abusing your permissions if you punish them. What do you do in this situation?

There's no difference if someone breaks the rules and is friends with staff, so I would give him the same punishment he was found abusing, and on the side, I would inform the staff whom he claims to be "friends" with. 

A player messages you with your personal information. He threatens to leak it if you don't un-punish them. How would you react in this situation?

I've never been in a situation like this, but if it were to happen I would most likely get advice from another staff member. I know I shouldn't be involving a staff member in my personal life but if the situation arises it'll be dealt with on the spot. 

Anything else you would like to tell us?

Thanks for reading my application! If you're an admin or not then please make sure to give a review so I can know if somethings wrong and can be fixed! Hopefully, I can once again serve the community even better than I did before!

ASFMatthew_

• Like 3

I'll just go ahead an say that I've seen multiple instances of immaturity after your time of being a trainee and the server closing. There is also that instance of perm abusing on Tastq's Academy server. Even though these don't represent your time being on Plex or being a staff member on Plex, they still represent your actions. I know you have good intentions however, despite these choices, and think if you try hard to suppress the impulse to these bad decisions, you'll go far amigos.

1 hour ago, WallyTube said:

I'll just go ahead an say that I've seen multiple instances of immaturity after your time of being a trainee and the server closing. There is also that instance of perm abusing on Tastq's Academy server. Even though these don't represent your time being on Plex or being a staff member on Plex, they still represent your actions. I know you have good intentions however, despite these choices, and think if you try hard to suppress the impulse to these bad decisions, you'll go far amigos.

Sounds like an excuse to not have him as a staff member. There has been multiple staff members on plex being immature but it's not even a big deal, they do their job and thats what there is there for. Plex isn't a massive network.

n42J3gF.png

Hey! Thank you for applying for staff on PlexPvP. 

Sadly, we are going to be denying your application. Please dm me on discord if you wish to know the reason.

Discord: Pndq#2240
In Game: Pndq

Joined Minehut - 9/25/16

Minehut Support Member - 10/6/19

Support Team Disbanded - 2/14/20

image.png.cae209fa43730fe65b7e0ac166c09aa5.png

• Pndq locked this topic