Constant Server rollbacks from roughly 2/10/20 NZ time

Fogwatch72R

I have seen a few posts about this already but not very good information coming out of them. And honestly I'm frustrated. The amount of server rollbacks me and my friends are getting on our server is ridiculous. Earlier in the week it happened four times in one day.... several people have rage quit because of it.

After looking into these forums I started doing /save-all. To start with this didn't work when I only did it once. I ended up doing /save-all four times and stopping the server rather than letting it hibernate when I hopped off. Doing this has improved things a bit. But it has happened again....

I have seen messages about the developers are looking into it but where are the updates? Whats if anything has been found because like others on the server I'm rather close to rage quitting so it would be awesome to just get anything from minehut. Are there any ideas? It seems to be something to do with the saving process but what exactly? Is there anything more I can do other than the /save-all?

If /save-all isn't working for you, you could try cloning the world with multiverse every time you log off. This will probably just work if the server is just for you and a couple of your friends.

With the multiverse plugin, do /mv clone <world> <new name>. This will clone <world> with the name of <new world>. Then make that world into the default world so you will spawn there when you join the server. And you can also delete the old world if you wanted. This can probably be automated with a plugin called Skript if you know what that is. 

Other than this, not sure what else you could do. The rollback issue seems to be only affecting some people. The devs are trying to find the solution of this tho. I do not know if the multiverse method I explained above works cause I have never tested it but let me know if it does. 

Edited by _Tarna_

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

Over the last few days my friends and I have confirmed that as long as there is two people on /save-all (multiple times) works but because of this setup we won't know whether the servers have been fixed or not, unless we try and potentially loss progress or if there is a message from minehut.

Any word on the probable root cause?

A update was made by one of the admins on Minehut's Meta Github.

Significant progress has been made into this issue. Major pain-points in the save process have been identified and solutions are being worked on. The core of the issue is saves sometimes take too long to happen or fail for whatever reason, and eventually time-out.

We have identified performance issues with our storage system. We are currently working with the devs of that system to help us tune it better for our load/make performance improvements to the program itself. We are rolling out updates to that program, and also changing the format of the disk the data is saved to to a format that is better tailored to our load. This is currently being rolled out, but is unfortunately just a long process that will take some time. On top of that, just generally rolling out more hardware to take on the extra load.

Also on the other side, we are re-doing the save process itself to be more reliable and faster. That is currently in late dev/testing phases and should be rolled out soon.

This issue is our top-priority right now and is being tirelessly worked on.

Source of quote.

Edited by Houlton

I'm just a known player who been playing since the 24 July 2019.

Please don't DM me for support, go here (if you don't mind waiting) or join Minehut's Discord (which is more active) if you need assistance.