How to upload and download Schematics.

Migins

M I N E H U T  C O M M U N I T Y  F A Q

HOW TO UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD SCHEMATICS

REQUIREMENTS: WorldEdit
DIFFICULTY: EASY

Introduction:

For the following tutorial, it is assumed that the reader has a basic knowledge of how to set up a server, install a plugin on said server and join it. It is also assumed that the reader has basic computing skills, including file saving, moving and uploading.

By now, you probably realise that this forum post is a CFAQ on how to use Schematics on Minehut player servers. Schematics are a great way to save specific builds to your server (or even to your computer!!). This tutorial will be divided into two sections, Saving and Downloading a Schematic and Uploading and Pasting a Schematic. To proceed with this tutorial, you must install the plugin ‘WorldEdit’. Restart your server and make sure it is displayed in /plugins. If you haven’t already, OP yourself through the command panel on your Minehut Server dashboard through the command ‘op (Your Minecraft Username)’.

Saving and Downloading a Schematic:

(If you already have a knowledge of how to use WorldEdit and select your build, you can skip to step 2) 

1. Selecting your Build

To select your Schematic, you can use the WorldEdit wand through the command ‘//wand’. From executing this, you should be given a wooden axe and a message should be displayed in chat.

image.png.32413496222918283e441e7529debd77.png

When using the WorldEdit wand, selections are made by LEFT CLICKING to select the first position and RIGHT CLICKING to select the second. You can also use the quick ‘//pos1’ and ‘//pos2’ commands to simulate this. Go ahead and select the corners of your build. For more information on WorldEdit, you can take a look at a CFAQ here, or a video here.

2. Creating your Schematic

After selecting your build through WorldEdit, you can upload it as a Schematic. To do this you need to copy the build. Stand in a position relative to where you want to paste your build. Your build will always be pasted in the same direction as when you copied it. Although wherever you stand doesn’t particularly matter, it may be harder to manipulate the placement of your build later on when using the schematic. Once you’re standing here, execute the command ‘//copy’. From here, execute the command ‘//schem save (The name of your Schematic)’. The name can be anything, however you should name it according to what it saved within the Schematic. For example I will save my schematic as ‘migshouse’ (you cannot have spaces in your name).

3. Download your Schematic  

From here, you can download your Schematic as a file by using the command ‘/dl schematic (The name of your Schematic).schem’. This should provide you with a link like https://dl.minehut.com/(Letters and Numbers)/(Name of your Schematic).schem, from there it should download the file to your computer. Save this somewhere and you're done!

Uploading and Pasting a Schematic:

1. Uploading your Schematic

Simply execute the command ‘/ul schematic (What you want your Schematic to be called) (link)’ to upload the Schematic.

2. Pasting your Schematic

To paste your Schematic, you can first load it using ‘//schem load (Name of your Schematic)’. From here you can execute the command //paste. The build will be pasted in the direction relative to where you copied it from in the world. If you want to rotate it, you can learn more about that here.

Important Schematic Commands:

• //schem list
  • //schem delete (name)
  • //schem load (name)
  • //schem save (name)

Require further assistance?:

If you need more help on this topic, head over to this section of forumsor join our Discord!

📎 https://youtu.be/JOU7jR-x_ZM

Compiled by the Minehut Staff Team

Edited by Migins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

Great Tutorial!

• Thanks 1

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

• muelr changed the title to How to upload and download Schematics.
  • 6 months later...

Hi,I have a problem. When I tried to download schematics, console said " This schematic does not exist! " but I see the schematic in my file manager. I'm using FAWE(Fast async world edit) plugin and this plugin have got a schematics folder but does not have "worldedit" folder. What should I do?