How to connect a custom domain.

notminehut

M I N E H U T  C O M M U N I T Y  F A Q

HOW TO CONNECT A CUSTOM DOMAIN

DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM

Introduction to Custom Domains

If you’re wanting to make your server unique, you’ll want to get rid of the .minehut.gg domain, and connect your own. This means example.com, or play.example.com will bring you straight to your Minehut server.

Owning the Domain:

• Obviously you’ll need to own the domain. You can purchase a domain using a domain provider, such as Namecheap, GoDaddy, or Google.

Adding the DNS Record:

• You need to add something called a DNS Record to your domain. This is done differently in different domain providers.
  • The type of record we need is a SRV Record. The service we need is _minecraft (the _ is important!). The protocol is _tcp
  • The name is whatever you want users to join with. For example if your domain is example.com, you might want users to join with mc.example.com, so you would enter mc in there.
  • The target is your direct connect to your Minehut server. For example if your server name is coolServer, your direct connect would be coolServer.minehut.gg.
  • Enter 1 for both the priority & weight, enter 25565 for the port, and leave the TTL to its current, default value. Then save this.
  • Here is a screenshot of what it should look like, keep in mind it will look different depending on what domain provider you use!

l8oQPaJPsoJ7G_piIzX1CLjApvO-u-q6X_SqoBPgr2lc8Nq4OQdzkKdDQhGGTg5CIwBXQW32GeF9cMznjGQ9q05BwenrleLelbyK6ExX0eV-feQ3Pnyf3mWNZVy9_mkZoDgGM1Vc

rG-NsTniKoWZuELkm6ZnilvfoqDOZ8zsBLekeLIAgB20k9KJECqTZUCTmNd2F8qQfjOzLROSdfoCBKgBQdYND5SQvGHfzfXpK4TGvypetc2B_46OY7gwivH-UpzAOhf4jjlkkLDk

• Also note it might take some time for this to update, and for you to be able to use it.

You can watch the official YouTube tutorial here.

Require further assistance?:

If you need more help on this topic, head over to this section of forums, or join our discord!

Compiled by the Minehut Staff Team.

Edited by Minehut
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

• muelr changed the title to How to connect a custom domain.
  • 7 months later...
9 hours ago, Crytkee said:

I did this, but I'm having trouble connecting to my server. I put my server ip (play.crytkeemc.net), and it shows the Minehut MOTD and playercount. Is there anyway to fix this?
image.png.9f630b2ca659248adfd661d8a28a069b.png

oof

• Like 1

Every time you tell a lie, You'll have to tell a 100 more.

13 hours ago, Crytkee said:

I did this, but I'm having trouble connecting to my server. I put my server ip (play.crytkeemc.net), and it shows the Minehut MOTD and playercount. Is there anyway to fix this?

Did you just change the server name not the domain or did you change the domain?

Edited by LapEvents

imgonline-com-ua-resize-CNNkL1drx5M-removebg-preview.png.d6a8ae8b5eb862005fb056c21f934200.png

26 minutes ago, Crytkee said:

The server name is still crytkee.minehut.gg . I followed all the steps correctly and it still is showing mc.minehut.gg's playercount and MOTD.

When you join play.crytkee.net, does it take you to your server? I recomend, if you want a custom domain for a minehut server, to get MHunlimited. For example play.woolgens.net

imgonline-com-ua-resize-CNNkL1drx5M-removebg-preview.png.d6a8ae8b5eb862005fb056c21f934200.png

5 hours ago, LapEvents said:

When you join play.crytkee.net, does it take you to your server? I recomend, if you want a custom domain for a minehut server, to get MHunlimited. For example play.woolgens.net

It brings me to the minehut lobby as if I put mc.minehut.com in the Server Address.

Just now, LapEvents said:

Hm I think they are gonna fix it so I think you should be patient until its fixed.

Alright

I really want this fixed cause my server goes public tomorrow and I have animated banners with play.crytkeemc.net

4 minutes ago, LapEvents said:

Not to be rude, but you dont need to post 3 times, I may have done it once, but that was like my first 3 posts on forums so

um sorry

• Like 1

Every time you tell a lie, You'll have to tell a 100 more.