Critcism

Alright

Let me preface this post,
I have never received any punishment on this platform nor anything that would give me a biased opinion due to how the community views me. I created a dummy account so I can speak my opinion without trashing my name. I am making this post in the hopes that changes will be made. I am not dissing any specific staff member, but the platform itself.

I think it's clear to everyone that has used this platform consistently that it has it's many problems. I certainly wouldn't say that Minehut is in worse hands than it was when it was owned by Luuke, but it doesn't feel like a passion project anymore. Minehut is made up of a ton of tiny issues that overall deteriorates the experience. For example (larger issue), awful proxy servers causing lag that is generated by Minehut and not the optimization of your server.

SLG must be clearly aware of all of the quality of life improvements that will keep player's happy, but these are rarely added (presumably) because they won't lose that 1 player because of an inconvenience.

Examples:
An actual console that outputs logs and will run commands through a more user-friendly source
Allowing player's to upload folders rather than needing to add each folder manually
An improved /dl and /ul system (Which they are working on 😃)
Plugin update frequency is slow (this mainly important for plugins that are essential for a server, worldedit, skript, etc.,)

Something else that caught my eye were the new featured servers. Minehut offered many benefits to getting your server featured, but they never actually gave what they promised. The featured server slot in the lobby doesn't work correctly, and yet Minehut never ended up fixing it. They promised events would be hosted on said server, but that never happened either. I love how they were encouraging unique servers so we could stop seeing those cookie-cutter gen / mining / farming (grindy) servers. But, Minehut never put enough effort into pushing this server to encourage players to create more unique servers in the hopes of being featured. Even then, it was proposed that there will only be one featured server per month which could be really discouraging to players who want to show off what they have created.

It's pretty clear to most players that the Minehut staff team is in a bit of disarray. It's not uncommon to see a high-ranked member of the staff team resign / get removed without being transparent to the community about the reasoning. It's ideal for the player's to have (even a little) staff-team insight so they feel more connected to Minehut community. But that connection between the staff-team and the community is very split. 

SLG needs to stand up and show the Minehut community that they care about what they've created. It consistently seems like the only thing SLG cares about is the platform at it's core working, not it's user experience. They don't try hard enough to build a community. If SLG decides to add quality of life improvements, it will show the community that they care about what they've made. This way, it'll keep the user-base happy and reliant on Minehut. I've seen that recently they're starting to address these issues, and if they pursue them far enough I believe that this host can come back to it's former glory.

image.thumb.png.1c57c65679eb8907f63aee1b9baa31b3.png

(Google PageSpeed insights) 

image.png.f90bb497cd80498cf679dd1c41253c80.png

(Player reviews for Minehut is at 2.8 stars, showing that that the user experience isn't acceptable)

(I didn't completely get through all my gripes, but I believe that this is what's most important)

The positives:
Minehut has established a really strong support and community events team which allows players to be fulfilled when they are having troubles or looking for a well-made game.

It has a large player base so you will easily find people to contribute / play on your server.

It reduces the hassle of creating a server compared to most other hosts.

Community team applications are usually open if you want to do your part for Minehut.

Edited by Alright

Well few things I can say. First off I think that Minehut is very user friendly I myself not really a server dev can figure out anything I need to know with in house resources. If not a quick google search has the answer. I think sadly a large portion of players don't enjoy the process they just want the server to be done to make money or run it for fun not caring what type/how innovative it is. Minehut is about creating the server you want to run we don't want to dictate or promote any one kind of server that's up to the discretion of the players.

Featured servers is being worked on that's all I know.

The staff team yes they are in disarray there is no denying that, but that doesn't mean there aren't efforts to fix issues behind the scenes. There will (I think) be no public statement but my demotion from the team is officially null and void after a roller coaster of a trial and aftermath finally was made right and I got my rank back (although I disagree with 1 month of Jr) I accept that Minehut is trying to make it right and instilled in me a sense of optimism that the team is trying to move forward and change for the better. 

Hope that clears some things up.

Aight lemme type up a quick response for this one

SLG must be clearly aware of all of the quality of life improvements that will keep player's happy
Yes, SLG is very aware of this and is actively working on things that users have been asking for, I'm not that up to date with stuff anymore but I am aware that they are working on 2FA and backups for example

Something else that caught my eye were the new featured servers. Minehut offered many benefits to getting your server featured, but they never actually gave what they promised. 
Trent is very aware of this and will be looking into it, I talked to him about this and until I brought it up he seemed to not be aware of it but now he is. 

Even then, it was proposed that there will only be one featured server per month
When featured servers were first introduced this year they mentioned that for now it will be indeed one server a month but this was only to introduce the whole idea of featured servers and allow a lot more users to apply for this spot, they also mentioned that featured servers will be done once every two weeks on the future or even more often.

It's pretty clear to most players that the Minehut staff team is in a bit of disarray.
Yes, everyone is aware of this, even the staff team knows it's a mess. A lot of staff have been resigning, whether this is for personal reasons or because of issues with the team isn't known to that many users. There's no denying in the fact that the staff team is a huge mess, there are a lot of issues and increasing the amount of things players know won't fix anything, a lot of users already get a lot of information from staff leaking and a lot of information should also be kept a secret, things like changes to the subteams really doesn't change anything about your life on Minehut so you shouldn't have to know about things like that.
   Recently Filr resigned and Benny + Gingey were chosen to be the new manager, this took about a week or two of staff and normal users talking to Trent, the main goal was for Filr to work alongside another manager but sadly he resigned and left 2 spots for other people. I know that Benny and Gingey will be working very hard to get the team in a better state.

SLG needs to stand up and show the Minehut community that they care about what they've created.
I fully agree to this, I think SLG is more focused on the development and getting a bigger community on Minehut rather than caring about the already existing community. They already try to do this to some extent, talking to users about new features in the meta Discord, talking about existing issues and doing events that some players enjoy (I personally don't enjoy most of these events but they should be improving soon.)

Player reviews for Minehut is at 2.8 stars, showing that that the user experience isn't acceptable
Pretty sure most of these reviews are like a year or two old lol

Ok that was enough typing for me, hope this helped a bit idk

IGN: PandaChan

Discord: PundaChen

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PundaChen