My honest opinion on Minehut, the service and the staff team

Reassembly

Chapter I: The prologue

I have been part of the Minehut community for about 2 years now, and I have seen a very big difference between old and new Minehut. There was a point when they were getting about 2-3k people online at one point, to them getting over 16000 consecutive people. And with this many people will cause some issues. In this forum post I will be giving my personal opinion on the way things are run on Minehut. This is my personal opinion so I wish for you to not be offended, nor upset, But more understanding of my view.

Chapter II: The early days

When I joined minehut I had great difficulty trying to create a server, There was a lot of problems and I don't fully remember the details. I do, however, remember there being no staff online to help with these issues. It could just be my timezone, who knows. But that was 2 years ago.

Chapter III part a: Minehut now, The positives

I'm going to start with this, when it comes to free server hosting, Minehut is the #1 server hoster by far. The easy access to advertising, Amazing staff team to help you out with whatever issues you face, The fairly civil community, I could go on. But what I love the most is the community, I have made so many friends I would not have met if it wasn't for Minehut. I have had my fair share of arguments with people I don't see eye-to-eye with, but that is bound to happen in any situation. I truly do love minehut and I most likely always will.

Chapter III part b: Minehut now, The negatives:

Minehut is not the best on performance, Of course it is a FREE server host so you cannot expect the best. Also, there are some community members that I do dislike. I have also had one of my servers corrupt overnight, deleting over 2 weeks of solid work. Also, the lack of communication between the Admins and the playerbase has been very prevalent. I know they are working on it, I just hope it will be soon.

Chapter IV: The current staff team:

I have nothing but respect for these people, they spend hours of their day moderating the lobby and shaping minehut into what it is now. They have always been really nice to me (Even if I have been quite frustrating. Sorry about that!). They always seem to be happy around the server, but you can see some stress within them.

Chapter V: The complainers:

I might as well get this out now, If you are moaning at minehut without a valid reason, Leave. If you need things to be suggested, instead of moaning for it to be suggested, join the MH Meta discord (https://discord.gg/MvDd24X). A lot of people try to "expose the staff team", but I feel their points aren't valid or just hate filled, If you have been punished and you feel it's unfair, make an appeal here, on the forums.

Chapter VI: The Conclusion:

What do I think of minehut overall? Well, The simple answer is that it is every company, They formed a nice community, but there are issues that need to be sorted, but generally, I love minehut and what they have done! Good on you minehut!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Default: Feb 6 2018

VIP: April 14 2019

Jr. Mod: September 12 2020

Mod: Jan 11 2021

Am a person

Hello

image.png.bd769c496f267e5b4b56b5b53145033f.png

A Pixelific wannabe? Lol xD

Well tbh you havent seen much. Minehut 2018 was really really bad compared to say 2016. This is to say that yes I was very right when in 2018 I said the new players would find 2018 good, and that if Minehut made things better from that point on, we could grow alot. The thing is, Minehut went worse lol

The big amounts of players are duo to the past being good and Minehut going into a tryhard to get more players mode, thats the only reason really.

About the rest, I took a quick read and from what I've seen you talk about your experience and thats ok one's experience and what one feels about something can be brought into the scene. The thing is I think you need to look for more information. Theres alot that you don't know really, and thats not a problem. tbh you not knowing much about the true minehut's past is good believe me.

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

biased POV

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

14 minutes ago, farwl said:

biased POV

I did say it was my honest opinion. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I am wrong smh

• Confused 1

Am a person

Hello

Usually when people give criticism/arguments like this they'll only highlight the negatives about Minehut, after reading this I have to admit that your points stated are very appreciated and personally I can agree that Minehut isn't perfect but really what server is? Thanks for sharing this with us and I hope that as time goes by we can work on fixing the imperfections with Minehut. 

𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖘

VhxEDBl.png.529878f2f7856fdae0d911cde8ce12d1.png
Server Rules  Staff Applications  News & Updates
Reports  Appeals

Retired Moderator (June 30th 2020 - May 17th 2021)

Ok time to type out a nice response 😄 

Also, there are some community members that I do dislike. 
Sadly you can't like everyone in life, no matter how hard you try, you can't be friends with everyone. Best thing to do here is just ignore them and keep living your life.

I have also had one of my servers corrupt overnight, deleting over 2 weeks of solid work
Sorry that this happened! I know this issue is actually quite common, sadly Minehut stopped giving out backups via support before actually bringing out backups themselves.

Also, the lack of communication between the Admins and the playerbase has been very prevalent.
Tbh this might just be me but I think the communication between the admins and playerbase is pretty good, of course you don't have to know about what every single dev does on Minehut but Trent does a pretty good job at letting players know what's in the works and listening to the community. It may not seem like they're listening to the community and changing their plans according to that but they really are.

Personally think this entire part is a bit biased, there's a lot of issues within the team, I don't go in the lobby anymore so idk how much they do in there but they are definitely not that great of a team. 

A lot of people try to "expose the staff team", but I feel their points aren't valid or just hate filled,
I think these kinds of posts are actually quite good for the staff team, you get to hear what players think and get a different POV from someone that has gone through some issues with the team. Everyone's opinion is valid, even if it's filled with hate, you may not have gone through the same things as they have and might not fully understand the issues they are pointing out but there are users who have gone through a lot of issues with the staff team and fully understand what's going on. Staff should take these posts as "criticism" and try to see what they can do about the issues pointed out.

IGN: PandaChan

Discord: PundaChen

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PundaChen 

2 hours ago, Emily said:

Ok time to type out a nice response 😄 

Also, there are some community members that I do dislike. 
Sadly you can't like everyone in life, no matter how hard you try, you can't be friends with everyone. Best thing to do here is just ignore them and keep living your life.

I have also had one of my servers corrupt overnight, deleting over 2 weeks of solid work
Sorry that this happened! I know this issue is actually quite common, sadly Minehut stopped giving out backups via support before actually bringing out backups themselves.

Also, the lack of communication between the Admins and the playerbase has been very prevalent.
Tbh this might just be me but I think the communication between the admins and playerbase is pretty good, of course you don't have to know about what every single dev does on Minehut but Trent does a pretty good job at letting players know what's in the works and listening to the community. It may not seem like they're listening to the community and changing their plans according to that but they really are.

Personally think this entire part is a bit biased, there's a lot of issues within the team, I don't go in the lobby anymore so idk how much they do in there but they are definitely not that great of a team. 

A lot of people try to "expose the staff team", but I feel their points aren't valid or just hate filled,
I think these kinds of posts are actually quite good for the staff team, you get to hear what players think and get a different POV from someone that has gone through some issues with the team. Everyone's opinion is valid, even if it's filled with hate, you may not have gone through the same things as they have and might not fully understand the issues they are pointing out but there are users who have gone through a lot of issues with the staff team and fully understand what's going on. Staff should take these posts as "criticism" and try to see what they can do about the issues pointed out.

With my last point I messed up my wording honestly, I meant to say the posts were biased because they or someone they know got punished.

I respect you writing this though, thanks!

Am a person

Hello

With my last point I messed up my wording honestly, I meant to say the posts were biased because they or someone they know got punished.

A lot of the posts get created because a user was punished yes, whether this was a false punishment or not doesn't really matter if they talk about more of the issues. A punishment brings along a lot of things, staff's behaviour towards the user following the punishment, staff's response towards the user if they appealed or asked about the punishment and many other things can come from a punishment.

IGN: PandaChan

Discord: PundaChen

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PundaChen