1.16 tnt duplicator broken

tedbox3

Question

Hey,

With minehut on 1.16, I can't get tnt duplicators to work because the coral fan keeps breaking. I've tried the same tnt duper on a 1.16 singleplayer world and the duper functions. I know that I'm not building the tnt duplicator on my server wrong because an earlier tnt duplicator I built before 1.16 worked, but is now also broken after the update. Is the removal of tnt duping intended or a bug? 

Thanks in advance

Edited by tedbox3
clarification
  • Sad 4

25 answers to this question

6 hours ago, yoavtnt said:

Do you think you will revert this decision, it seems like the vast majority of the community wants tnt duping to stay and I don't see a reason why not to.

Letting users edit the paper.yml file has been suggested and if it's allowed you're going to be able to re-enable bugs fixed by paper

• Like 2

Yeah, ever since Minhut updated to 1.16, the tnt duper of my tree farm has stopped functioning. The coral fan would simply break when the sticky piston pushed the slimeblocks it was attached to. This truly sucks as many technical builds involving tnt duplication are no longer possible.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 2:10 AM, DeltaRays said:

Minehut is on the PaperMC server software which removes a few bugs, including tnt duping

Do you think you will revert this decision, it seems like the vast majority of the community wants tnt duping to stay and I don't see a reason why not to.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DeltaRays said:

Letting users edit the paper.yml file has been suggested and if it's allowed you're going to be able to re-enable bugs fixed by paper

When can we expect that, and how would I change it so that TNT duplication is enables?

• Like 1

As duping or destroying bedrock is in the Vanilla game, i don't want it to be removed. And as a Server host i want to be able to edit the server properties. I tried out this site hosting for free and was thinking about upgrading, but this paper.yml thing makes me move to a competitor where i can host a real vanilla server for little money as well. On top of that, downloading the world doesn't work either, but that's not what this thread is about.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 11:57 PM, Minecraft33007 said:

for more clarity on the situation, the software minehut uses(PaperMc) has banned most duping, including TNT duping. in my opinion that is dumb and TNT duping is necessary for many farms and they should let you decide or at least give warning or let people have a say.

Mojang themselves said in a post that they weren't gonna remove it because it "made some things possible that aren't possible with the current game mechanics"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeltaRays said:

yes when can we expect this, tnt duping being patched has ruined many farms that me and my friends enjoy building and using.

yea they worked on 1.15 but Nothing above <=(

"wimfish when he join the lobby" *What server should i play* lobby when they see wimfish* hi fish* wimfish when he's called fish "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

On 7/6/2020 at 11:10 AM, DeltaRays said:

Minehut is on the PaperMC server software which removes a few bugs, including tnt duping, since the 24th of September 2020 you can edit paper.yml to allow tnt duping!

When can minehut update it so they can  allow

31 minutes ago, japperkoning said:

When can minehut update it so they can  allow

You can already enable this by editing a value in paper.yml

🔐 Topic locked.

Please do not reply on threads that have been inactive for over a month.

• Thanks 1

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

This would be really useful 

I'm just a random forum member who tries to make things better for everyone, staff and player alike. 

I saw a really cool forum (and awesome Minehut community member) do this so here we go haha:

Don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.