How to retrieve and read logs.

muelr

• 2 months later...
On 6/26/2020 at 8:18 PM, muelr said:

M I N E H U T  C O M M U N I T Y  F A Q

HOW TO GET LOGS

DIFFICULTY: EASY

What are logs and why do we need them?

Retrieving server logs is often important in order to figure out what the issue is with your server. They show all recent activities on the server and provide error and warning messages which can show you the issue. Logs show commands that users are entering, certain events such as deaths and if there are any plugin issues.

How do I retrieve logs?

Logs can be retrieved through 2 methods, in-game and through the panel. We recommend you always get logs from the panel because in some instances you may not be able to connect to your server and will not be able get them through this method.

Method One (Through the panel):

• Getting logs is easy, first head over to your server panel and start up the server you want to get the logs of. 
  • Once the server has started up, head over to the file manager section of the panel and all your server files will appear.
  • You need to go into the logs folder, then into the latest.logs file and you will find the logs.

Method Two (In-game):

• Logs are easier to obtain in-game, simply type /dl logs and wait a couple of seconds.
  • The server will return you a link to a site with the logs, just download them onto your device.

If you’re unsure about the logs and need community support:

• Head over to a site like Pastebin or Hastebin and copy and paste your logs into the site and upload them.
  • Copy the link to your Pastebin or Hastebin and go to our Discord or forums and ask for help, include the logs so people will be able to help you as soon as possible.

Want to go more advanced?

Learn to read logs! A helpful member of our community made a post explaining how to read them, check it out here.

Require further assistance?

If you need extra assistance on this topic, leave a comment, someone will be able to help! Additionally, join our Discord, found here, or head over to the help category of forums, found here!
📎 How to read logs

Compiled by the Minehut Staff Team

Thank you! But my logs are about the server and not about what people do in the server, for example the achievements or when a player join or leave the game it isn’t written in it..

8 hours ago, GaBryXR said:

Thank you! But my logs are about the server and not about what people do in the server, for example the achievements or when a player join or leave the game it isn’t written in it..

Everything is in the logs, including chat/joins etc.. The chance is big you missed it, as the first part of the logs always show the logs of the server starting

[<3]

DMs open - Discord » mrtibo | or send a forum message