How to retrieve and read logs.

muelr

M I N E H U T  C O M M U N I T Y  F A Q

HOW TO GET LOGS

DIFFICULTY: EASY

What are logs and why do we need them?

Retrieving server logs is often important in order to figure out what the issue is with your server. They show all recent activities on the server and provide error and warning messages which can show you the issue. Logs show commands that users are entering, certain events such as deaths and if there are any plugin issues.

How do I retrieve logs?

Logs can be retrieved through 2 methods, in-game and through the panel. We recommend you always get logs from the panel because in some instances you may not be able to connect to your server and will not be able get them through this method.

Method One (Through the panel):

• Getting logs is easy, first head over to your server panel and start up the server you want to get the logs of. 
  • Once the server has started up, head over to the file manager section of the panel and all your server files will appear.
  • You need to go into the logs folder, then into the latest.logs file and you will find the logs.

Method Two (In-game):

• Logs are easier to obtain in-game, simply type /dl logs and wait a couple of seconds.
  • The server will return you a link to a site with the logs, just download them onto your device.

If you’re unsure about the logs and need community support:

• Head over to a site like Pastebin or Hastebin and copy and paste your logs into the site and upload them.
  • Copy the link to your Pastebin or Hastebin and go to our Discord or forums and ask for help, include the logs so people will be able to help you as soon as possible.

Want to go more advanced?

Learn to read logs! A helpful member of our community made a post explaining how to read them, check it out here.

Require further assistance?

If you need extra assistance on this topic, leave a comment, someone will be able to help! Additionally, join our Discord, found here, or head over to the help category of forums, found here!
📎 How to read logs

Compiled by the Minehut Staff Team

hey gamer! unless you're Jackson then you're toxic.

Senior Moderator since July 21st 2020

- Currently leading the Recruitment and Media Team.

• 4 weeks later...

Great tutorial.

• Thanks 1

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

Very helpful muel ❤️

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Shanoob said:

how do you read past logs like from 3 days ago

Unfortunately old logs are automatically deleted after a new log file is used, so you wouldn't be able to access old logs.

• Sad 1

VIP since January 7th, 2020

Support since September 19th, 2020

Helper since November 3rd, 2020

Moderator since March 8th, 2021

unknown.png

5.png.e14b1bf83edf0ac2edc1bfb822177184.png

image.png.fe30b7b2c0be5a541ba4ed2187b23030.png

• muelr changed the title to How to retrieve and read logs.
On 11/24/2020 at 11:18 PM, lolllddiddidi said:

how can I see messages and what's happening in chat?

That's exactly what the logs show, just follow the above tutorial.

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2021 at 4:48 PM, TheEeveeGamer said:

all of my logs are litterly ? and other random symbols i cant read them and i really need to because someone summoned the ender dragon on my smp and i need to know who

How did you get them? If the file extension is .jar then you need to extract them. They should be .txt to be humanly readable.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:18 AM, TheEeveeGamer said:

all of my logs are litterly ? and other random symbols i cant read them and i really need to because someone summoned the ender dragon on my smp and i need to know who

Hey there.

I get what you mean.

356021455_ScreenShot2021-02-03at6_17_29PM.thumb.png.17ff0e8777498449cacad4add82a4777.png

It's a compressed log to save disk space, but it can be easily uncompressed with a regular desktop software such as WinRAR. Since there isn't a way to download the file, it's impossible to download it (unless you know how to use the Minehut API to obtain the file).

• Like 1

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:49 PM, CoolProgrammer said:

Hey there.

I get what you mean.

356021455_ScreenShot2021-02-03at6_17_29PM.thumb.png.17ff0e8777498449cacad4add82a4777.png

It's a compressed log to save disk space, but it can be easily uncompressed with a regular desktop software such as WinRAR. Since there isn't a way to download the file, it's impossible to download it (unless you know how to use the Minehut API to obtain the file).

pls tell me how i can use the minhut api

On 2/7/2021 at 3:12 AM, Simpyyyy said:

okay so idk if this is just a me thing but when I try to look at logs to see if someone joined my world it just shows this for every file ��[�o�8�~�l�S���or like a form of this.. I don't understand why its like this..

Yeah, it only shows up that for compressed log, and not the latest.log. 😮

On 2/13/2021 at 1:23 AM, potatomaster2525 said:

pls tell me how i can use the minhut api

You can go through the Minehut's API Documentation at https://api.bennydoesstuff.me/.

After that, you can use https://api.minehut.com/ to send requests (if you know how to do that).

Edited by CoolProgrammer

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

���o�N�{��iN�>ۼ����ItU�b�b{}^����fֆ�\\���(����{vfv��Y�z�X7�/p�3�uz�/uh+���A\�ċK���-�8T��3Q<Z����7�
W��N���L�X=����WJ���l�GhiL��GhE�݈��͔"`>���`�o�{s��h?�q�=ɦ"�㝒I��.؜Guh�K��&�r)�G(ne��Q���
��b�S�B�]r��(#�H��"�l���,���VHE�%E�eX���U&Eɐ#�<���6��.J��PX���\�=R8�8���x�m�3�>���z�������CӰ
�^c0��?�PJ:8мxl��#F4�I~����H����Q3A���&L��:��8Z|�����9�B
M�b�O�j߁9� �됣X�Û�M�j?�'��iu.�:d"��T�zR��'�!>��r�Zޏ%��灻`A�=���y�hn    T��.���v�8}�e�Ż���s�?y8у豾H�    �:�΀��=�'��x}
b�H�8~�mc�C�����=���׽^��    :=�_\\uzm�c�n^�����/� �8^����*�gK��� �R_Z`.�9$8�B�2��߳��i�.���x¯PV%���( R8O�9�MMO!    <����w�Eg�5�:G9!N�)    �
���H����V���65>W�w�1�/��X�F�R�l�q\���    ����
���}א���^,��LD�,�+�1�g��Y!1�'�'W�rPK�6�\��S'2�p�|9�'$�I%x'��,�=g�/�ʜy�i���
�ɽ����~�B��[�EStPp�b�i$_�s�ck��    ��O�J�t%Π�׮̮�6^�Z���~
ϓ��/�O��?�tBZT!�`I�5��O�KUR�~�\A���j��%A@{'����)�!.�:TL��x#�=���Y�"��"��1�GT��8�.jLY7�J$���(B>�ڲM͆�T�<��7�q�x4�������;�=҇5:�5������(��������8Q�    �(ѕS1��4��:���v�.N�"������:;|�B��v �9�1r�vtă�2f����]pv0i�1^�b!u(�q��5�+��6c�D���=���G��P��^x(l�\n,V:o��F0���mӋU��X�r��f�b\�]b&�SZ��JL�jѲ)rbrƁR�\�XU��=)��|����ہ�
�%�g�DF�$�-gH��w9�S,-Dx���%�U��Rٮ�QSh�v�F��Tͩ��RͲ�tS��i:%��<���3�{W�'exj8    ���1PC:�"Lɶ�J)G2��!m1�jFfu6C�E*���g�!�}�qo��'uQ��e?��jy
-�%�!-�M_m����W9\�;�/8��'�B�����Z�k�C˱�:�\ǒ�XrK�c�u,��%ױ���%��<8sk�c�u���5ױ�:�\ǚ�Xs\s=|���">'/�/R�Ȅ6�C#K]"]�m1�^j^��kf���H�eڲ�@N4;j<_�agm�HR?p���O�P�a�y��Q%���    �+��    6�<T1�/���h�kΎs�kGܒl�Z�f������'!��Ǡ?��j�F�,�Z�Y�'�D�M�|�D��fMqSNH� C��2?-�e���aW���[�7]`q�[����O^�����    i�Ԁ���Hb��'����ɉ����W��:�
���54��m�T���q�1n��=u��4�7
�594�!�v��`4��Mԛ��1�_����Ɨ����I���t;�vsظS3dU7���ڍQ�������~�$�R�5/��vN9��lŨL����%J��]�59�~���8%hY�x2R:>t9j���V�O3q��)�$��M1ӂڪa�q�#s�k�5�O8L#*5���4�(����L3���W��=�O�nA�@��:lS�q}��N`^�.��[}3_ȳo�:�����CF��C�<n�d-�*\+�=���6�����;-Z0a�ƍ@����ʢ&R�V�'���Z�T��
�9)�r�.θm1k��3��ߤ��;�[�{��~�^ޅ�;�lˠ��a��zɪ�J�\���Y��;01ŵ�P�z�5T�Ӭ��U�X�j�\;�J�0O�P5�v�R�:%|��N�_���`Է;M2���ܕ��K��BH_}ysg�u�T/>[���z�@��8��fX���sN���;?�����w���-؆m֊�Q�̚]C=ا�Q��5�\�͊S*9%��*ŪS)�r�.Vp#�)[�*�G�=Z�Yc�^�-��Gj��9\|�^8�\Q����Y����%*�B�}�!�G�'��1Mm�+=�'��<��[��0��9��F&���l���땞���-m�~�ξ��,l�;���>
c�ħ�`%�&�A�Fl��1|�_7m8��(��k��ikڕ`���Dhu��!��k§2���    p8��Ͷ�M�K^�dK�S���>�&��"D�����/��r5�w9

THIS IS WHAT I GOT (CAPS COS YOU MAY NOT SEE). I WANT TO CHECK THE LOGS OF EARLIER DATES AND THIS IS WHAT IT SHOWS. SOME WEIRD SYMBOL THING AND THIS WAS FROM EARLIER TODAY BUT WHEN THE SERVER WAS UP THEN I SHUT DOWN THEN BACK UP. THIS IS WHAT ALWAYS HAPPENS AND I WANT TO CHECK IF MY FRIENDS ARE CHEATING

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

why is my log like this ��[mo��~~�l��(-�|�@��)/���jud>$q�8p����    �e��M�{��AZ����x<�$���T��j���}���r��    �`�|�&�X.�x$?\JF��cu%�bME���`Qr�����8�ы�!{>,�Q�x�|Tz�5Zu�9�5ZPG���I���s�۽a��h�݀K$��8+�3���Պ�/�q�`L*p�H��{�16^0��2���C�$ *�Сs{H��?���bE�Q��*[�kd�.�AP��4J'�r�$�KA��EL$RM�s
$���\�R�t��t��"<��i3�tɢ�|�I�A�(F$|b���#}��`�8�7�>���ԲO��Ua���Q��G�r�r4�F������S��#m�G��9��"g���D
^K�F0�T���7�7����Y���Z,tHEಈ�<��@u����CHqY7���m�:��T��}    o����H�ܬ���-�(�
�灳$A@=m�Y5o�����ン����d��߾���UXWJ�]�dP޵����/�tǷ�1�&0�z�������7��ܓn�f܅����22e�.�֙���ɊB��HI�P��:ߪ�I!��*�E%��"h)��%�"�RGR�G*���+��I�"���p�@x�}U�Vo8��דӜ$��Q$s$E�J�^�
"�C���1O�:"K̨xz��q��K�K ��nY
���yd���G�ġeT�*��lJQ�\�N������    t��-b��cm�<8�'�o*���b�)����ڝ�I8���'���.=P�;�"�O,�>HK�c��e%k�4�G��D����O����=��/�S<?R�K��{M�}7&���7��h�P�S�+�A��&���h�\����ץP9O��p� y�����I߇zo�j��<�o�?ܟ1��}��B�A�Ms�}u!�3�;+4[mN>�-C%�a�$��&4�=<�/<T}R^�q�<�Cބ�r�µ-!p�ϑ�j����(���?�_�9S?��ؚb�c��*w��)/vP1��Ϣd7�4��H���3�U��`��DG�Y>抇Jj`��\Y��^j/��BOm�����瓶�#����1q����LqW��٠Z�G-��Rp�|A�(�C<�E�z*
�/(�h�,�v<'��#.    ����%%��FM�I��WQ�[V<������{m��-��B<e��zaQlZ�Z�dk-�Yk��MX�����jV�ߧlm��q�7��'!g�b&ܦWe�I�~R��Ďz/�NN�g�:���
���ͣ���7���~���� N��S�:��!�,Y�IB<;��N�����'���|��Q����+��H�U@�ܨU�!�.�*O.��n��<�8���p��tqFL�Z���,�e��
��T���gzg�S�]    ���T/��G���iGzV\k��s���2�ZI.3zO��8��$���(���ɕ�ː\��\F�7K.#��%��*Cr1�\FR+ɕ��-�fXH.3�Nr�v����\F����p���2��Fr�6�+�YJ��$V<�l$�y�l$�9`l%���Br�U�=H.�o��\��˜�r$��_ɕ>��    H�����ʎ��c4�!�0�I���Y����'�f��}z�Hk�kFD�^��e�5�ʋ�5#������z�H��׌���5#��^�@�VO�,��l�׌x;�f���5#�R�e��B���n�׌h��q�,�ZF+q6zͼg6z�0�z��`���*���ٷ��\�f�f9z�|�^��tz��o���BA*��p]4A��åɑA��|洣����,�`��rh����Ɯ'j�s4��)�HQu�y2�Y�!J�&�w�����kl�c��cN�cDp��}yŚ�実X-�E/KW�(�f���!g��d�T���&A�h�c;�����y�,��A�=-��|�=p�>d�����R���|'y/Œy%��m�k�����=Z
��}����h������7�Nk���mw<�
UK|kݶJ��`�u�p׻���t8�����=�Z���u�^���7yb�>
P+������A�=n]NU/^]�Cu���I�����yI�P���J���nB>�odMT��n��R%� �Vܧ��K�2C&V*%%�өtVyl��~eY����}�E8�=��1�B�sÌ�e��鞴}�?��
uO���AҎ�P�#RϨ��F��g��;�W�Z}�-ijGc�@'J6�W;��ǭ    ��`�~����_�J�O��Y?�Dڈ�h�N�w�kU4U��
�Ӷ�,�+
��'>|�Q�3��$n�,�K<9��#=�j�������P9�m#s,j��z��u�ß�¤Y�0}���=��������u[��ym5:V��0|���ޭ(�!R�Oӷ-OW��΢�:��Q����c��kة��(n�O�۟���K/��j/5���PdA���"�`ĹgJ~���x�BO�4

6 minutes ago, valdemar11838 said:

why is my log like this ��[mo��~~�l��(-�|�@��)/���jud>$q�8p����    �e��M�{��AZ����x<�$���T��j���}���r��    �`�|�&�X.�x$?\JF��cu%�bME���`Qr�����8�ы�!{>,�Q�x�|Tz�5Zu�9�5ZPG���I���s�۽a��h�݀K$��8+�3���Պ�/�q�`L*p�H��{�16^0��2���C�$ *�Сs{H��?���bE�Q��*[�kd�.�AP��4J'�r�$�KA��EL$RM�s
$���\�R�t��t��"<��i3�tɢ�|�I�A�(F$|b���#}��`�8�7�>���ԲO��Ua���Q��G�r�r4�F������S��#m�G��9��"g���D
^K�F0�T���7�7����Y���Z,tHEಈ�<��@u����CHqY7���m�:��T��}    o����H�ܬ���-�(�
�灳$A@=m�Y5o�����ン����d��߾���UXWJ�]�dP޵����/�tǷ�1�&0�z�������7��ܓn�f܅����22e�.�֙���ɊB��HI�P��:ߪ�I!��*�E%��"h)��%�"�RGR�G*���+��I�"���p�@x�}U�Vo8��דӜ$��Q$s$E�J�^�
"�C���1O�:"K̨xz��q��K�K ��nY
���yd���G�ġeT�*��lJQ�\�N������    t��-b��cm�<8�'�o*���b�)����ڝ�I8���'���.=P�;�"�O,�>HK�c��e%k�4�G��D����O����=��/�S<?R�K��{M�}7&���7��h�P�S�+�A��&���h�\����ץP9O��p� y�����I߇zo�j��<�o�?ܟ1��}��B�A�Ms�}u!�3�;+4[mN>�-C%�a�$��&4�=<�/<T}R^�q�<�Cބ�r�µ-!p�ϑ�j����(���?�_�9S?��ؚb�c��*w��)/vP1��Ϣd7�4��H���3�U��`��DG�Y>抇Jj`��\Y��^j/��BOm�����瓶�#����1q����LqW��٠Z�G-��Rp�|A�(�C<�E�z*
�/(�h�,�v<'��#.    ����%%��FM�I��WQ�[V<������{m��-��B<e��zaQlZ�Z�dk-�Yk��MX�����jV�ߧlm��q�7��'!g�b&ܦWe�I�~R��Ďz/�NN�g�:���
���ͣ���7���~���� N��S�:��!�,Y�IB<;��N�����'���|��Q����+��H�U@�ܨU�!�.�*O.��n��<�8���p��tqFL�Z���,�e��
��T���gzg�S�]    ���T/��G���iGzV\k��s���2�ZI.3zO��8��$���(���ɕ�ː\��\F�7K.#��%��*Cr1�\FR+ɕ��-�fXH.3�Nr�v����\F����p���2��Fr�6�+�YJ��$V<�l$�y�l$�9`l%���Br�U�=H.�o��\��˜�r$��_ɕ>��    H�����ʎ��c4�!�0�I���Y����'�f��}z�Hk�kFD�^��e�5�ʋ�5#������z�H��׌���5#��^�@�VO�,��l�׌x;�f���5#�R�e��B���n�׌h��q�,�ZF+q6zͼg6z�0�z��`���*���ٷ��\�f�f9z�|�^��tz��o���BA*��p]4A��åɑA��|洣����,�`��rh����Ɯ'j�s4��)�HQu�y2�Y�!J�&�w�����kl�c��cN�cDp��}yŚ�実X-�E/KW�(�f���!g��d�T���&A�h�c;�����y�,��A�=-��|�=p�>d�����R���|'y/Œy%��m�k�����=Z
��}����h������7�Nk���mw<�
UK|kݶJ��`�u�p׻���t8�����=�Z���u�^���7yb�>
P+������A�=n]NU/^]�Cu���I�����yI�P���J���nB>�odMT��n��R%� �Vܧ��K�2C&V*%%�өtVyl��~eY����}�E8�=��1�B�sÌ�e��鞴}�?��
uO���AҎ�P�#RϨ��F��g��;�W�Z}�-ijGc�@'J6�W;��ǭ    ��`�~����_�J�O��Y?�Dڈ�h�N�w�kU4U��
�Ӷ�,�+
��'>|�Q�3��$n�,�K<9��#=�j�������P9�m#s,j��z��u�ß�¤Y�0}���=��������u[��ym5:V��0|���ޭ(�!R�Oӷ-OW��΢�:��Q����c��kة��(n�O�۟���K/��j/5���PdA���"�`ĹgJ~���x�BO�4

The older compressed logs are currently not readable. You can only read the latest.log. But they are currently making a new file manager which will allow you to read the older logs right in the panel and even download them.

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, iamadumbkid said:

How do I get method 2 to work?

I tried /dl logs in game but it just tells me that it is not a command.

this CFAQ is old and outdated. The second method has been removed. The only way to access logs now is by using method one through the file manager. 

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png