ItsBearty Mute Appeal

ItsBearty

Perm Mute

No

At the time of the "mute evading", i didnt know i was breaking a rule. I talked, but when a staff member told me that it was mute evading, i stopped talking in chat, and i still got punished..... If you want proof that i stopped after tbg, i have discord messages and time stamps (Thanks to MewTwoKing for helping).

TimeStamp Converter: https://pixelatomy.com/snow-stamp/

HOW TO OBTAIN MESSAGE-ID OF #server-chat MESSAGE:

1. Copy paste this into the search bar- "in: server-chat DiamondIsRabbid"
2. Right click on any of the search results in question.
3. An option to copy the ID of that message will be available, which can then be put into the converter tool.

https://discordapp.com/channels/@me/722552506223296594/724338255218344047 

Me talking to TBG about mute evading: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/722552506223296594/724338116399333437/Screenshot_20200621-142721.png 

Server Chat: https://gyazo.com/685822776dc4e32451c79a9ffd163d69 and https://gyazo.com/29022891581fc16ce4cd9575705245a6

As you see in the first screenshot, the last time i spoke was 6:21.... I talked to TBG about it at 6:22.... I didnt know that i was evading, but after i was told not to, i stopped talking.

Casual.png

Hey! After reading this appeal I have decided to Deny it. I will provide my reasoning, evidence and an explanation of my evidence.

Reasoning: The reason that I am denying this appeal is because you have mute evaded before, and were warned and not punished. You already had a chance, and had known before hand not to talk when muted in any other way. The first time you mute evaded was via discord server chat. Also, the mute evasion was a fair punishment as you were legitimately mute evading.

Onto the Evidence:  Discord Mute Evasion (1), Discord Mute Evasion (2) (Keep in mind the first screenshot were words that came after the words in the 2nd screenshot.), In game Evasion (1), In Game Evasion (2).

Explanation of each evidence piece: Lets get started on the explanation of the screenshots, not why they matter. You mute evaded on discord about 2 weeks before your ingame evasion (which led to your current punishment) which is shown by the Discord Mute Evasion (1) & Discord Mute Evasion (2) screenshots. The 2nd screenshot shows someone warning you about mute evading, yet you still continue. The other two screenshots show your alternate account talking in game, and also show (again) a player on warzone warn you about the mute evading.

Explanation of why these pieces of evidence matter: The screenshot labeled Discord Mute Evasion (1) showed you mute evading after being warned by players on warzone about mute evading. You mute evaded after being warned by players, and it doesn't matter if you get warned by players or staff, you should not be doing it in the first place. A warning was enough, yet no one punished you for mute evasion as you had gotten a warning from the players already. This was your first warning which will tie in to a later point. The screenshot labeled Discord Mute Evasion (2) was the evidence show you getting warned by the players. The next screenshot which is labeled In game Evasion (2) shows you mute evading after already being warned for mute evading on discord, and you even get warned for a 2nd time in this screenshot. The evidence labeled In Game Evasion (1) is just showing you mute evading after your 2nd warning already. The discord mute evasions still count as mute evasion because you were avoiding your mute and still talking in game, and even testing it just to tell someone who already knew that should not give you permission to mute evade at all. So you cannot talk about you only testing it, as no one asked you to test it and you were still evading the mute by "testing" the server chat on discord. You mentioned how you spoke to TheBestGamer about mute evading ingame after the person in the In Game Evasion (2) screenshot explained that you were mute evading. Although you did talk to him after being warned (for the 2nd time) by a player, you still mute evaded. Which was why you got punished. TheBestGamer never allowed you to mute evade, he just did not look back at what you had said. Along with being warned for the Third time, you still continued to mute evade which was what was shown in In Game Evasion (1). My point here is that even after several warnings, you still mute evaded over and over again in any way possible, which is why you deserve this punishment. On top of that, your actions in the discord did not help at all, since you were continuing to complain to moderators about your punishment instead of appealing, which you were told to do.

This was a pretty lengthy response, and if you would like to talk about it more I would gladly talk about it, which is why I will only lock this post in 24 hours after  there is no response. This appeal has been Denied.

Minehut Ex-Moderator (Resigned)

Warzone Moderator 

Discord: xσ ツ#6247

Feel free to DM me for help!

Preface: First of all I would like to sincerely apologize about what happened earlier in the discord. It’s just that at the time, I was trying to spend time with my dad on Father’s day and got worked up when I had to spend time handling this situation rather than spending that time with my dad (I rarely get to spend time with my dad anyways because of some family/personal issues). It was just a heat of the moment sort of thing, and even though I know it wasn’t right for me to get snappy with the staff members, I just want to say I’m sorry for that.

New Perspective: Originally I felt as though my punishment was not fair, but after reading Xounaut’s response I now believe that I was in-fact mute evading on a technical standpoint, and so from that technical standpoint I do believe that the punishment is justifiable. What I’m now trying to do is argue why I believe my punishment should be a bit more lenient than a permanent mute.

Comments and Concerns: Now with that out of the way, I have a few comments about some of the things you’re saying. So you said that I have been warned three times, but I’ve actually only been “warned” two times according to the evidence you’ve provided. The first warn was when Res told me I was mute evading by talking in #server-chat, and the second warn was when Diammonnd told me I was mute evading by talking on an alt. In addition, you also said that it “doesn’t matter whether or not a player or staff member warns me.” Really this isn’t necessarily true, because the staff members are the ones with the authority and the ones with a complete understanding of all the ins-and-outs of the rules. It’d be like if a player told me Butterfly clicking was bannable; how am I supposed to know they are telling the truth when not all servers ban butterfly clicking? I’ve really only been warned once by an actual staff member about mute evasion, and that was when I talked with TheBestGamer about the situation involving me talking in #server-chat.

Why I feel that I deserve some leniency: I’d now like to talk about why I feel as though my “mute evasion” via talking on my alt should be taken into more consideration. The main point I’d like to make here is that I genuinely did not know that speaking on an alt account was considered mute evasion. In my mind, I just thought that only my main account wasn’t allowed to talk due to the mute, and that perhaps if I were to be muted on an alt account before my main account got unmuted, that there would be some sort of “Ip-mute” that I would receive as a new punishment. It’s not like I was intentionally mute evading and just decided to take a chance and talk on my alt (my alt account only recently got unbanned anyways). With all that in mind, the point I’d now like to make is that I did in-fact stop mute evading on my alt account after I was notified by a staff member that it was not allowed. Yes Diammonnd did say in chat that I was mute evading, but honestly I didn’t know whether or not he was being serious (if you go back and look at the context, he literally says “mwauhahaha” after saying I was mute evading, so I just couldn’t tell if he was joking about that or not). I wasn’t sure at the time whether or not I should stop talking on my alt or if it was fine to keep talking, so even though I said more things after saying “mk ig ill stop then,” I really wouldn’t call that continuing to mute evade after being warned since diammonnd isn’t an actual staff member. You can see from the evidence I provided that the moment I found out from TheBestGamer that I wasn’t supposed to talk on my alt, I never said another word afterwards.

So the point here is that I was making an effort to respect the rules of the server after learning that I was breaking one of the rules; it’d be different if I just kept talking even after TheBestGamer told me it wasn’t allowed- because then it would look like I just didn’t care- but that wasn’t the case. I did care about the rules enough to stop talking, and that is the main reason why I’m asking for some leniency in this new punishment.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my appeal, Xounaut. Again, I’m sorry for what went down in the discord between the two of us, and I hope you can forgive me for that at some point.

Casual.png

Reading your reponse I noticed how you say "So you said that I have been warned three times, but I’ve actually only been “warned” two times according to the evidence you’ve provided." but then mention "I’ve really only been warned once by an actual staff member about mute evasion, and that was when I talked with TheBestGamer about the situation involving me talking in #server-chat. " These two contradict each other as you said that you only got warned twice, yet them claim that even TBG warned you again. I did not include that in my evidence because you had already sent a screenshot of him warning you, and I was counting that in.

As for you believing that you should be muted for less time because you "didn't know" that it was mute evading; there were factors such as you mute evading via discord and previously being warned by players that talking in any other way while being muted was mute evading, which told you basically what mute evading was. You had 3 warnings, 2 were from non staff, and i get that you stopped when TBG told you, yet you still mute evaded beforehand, and there were many factors that shouldve told you what mute evading was.

As I said before, it should not matter whether or not a staff member or a normal player tell you because it is against the rules. If it was several people telling you the same thing, you should already have had the knowledge of what mute evasion was, and that you should stop. Also, it wasnt only one warning that each person gave, reisdents gave you several warnings as shown here. I believe you claim that you didnt know that you were mute evading, and then say that after being warned by someone that isnt a staff member you thought that they were joking and still continued. Maybe that would seem legit if you werent warned weeks before that by another member. TBG only warned you, because he didnt look back at anything, im pretty sure he assumed that you didnt mute evade and were just asking. Even thought you did stop after his warning, you still shouldve known what mute evasion was due to many people warning you.

For you saying that you cared about the rules, and that is why you stopped after TBG warned you, then why were you muted several times on both accounts? I also question why you still evaded even after knowing what evasion was, because your only response is that you assumed it would be fine because no official staff member warned you. I take evasion of punishments very seriously, which is why I will continue to deny this appeal.

My point here is that with the amount of people telling you that you were mute evading and you still continuing to mute evade should tell you what mute evading is, and that you should stop. Even after the warns, you continued until you asked a staff member , and it was a fair mute, and that with your punishment history of mutes added onto this, you should not be unmuted. Again, we were already lenient with you when you last mute evaded via discord, by not punishing you at all. Leniency is not something I am going to give out again.

Warzone Moderator 

I have only been punished once before this by the way, as you said I've been punished multiple times. 

Also, one player said it was mute evading, and I would've probably stopped if diammonnd didnt say "mwuahahahaha" after it. That alone just doesn't make me feel like you even read me appeal through. 

Casual.png

1 hour ago, BearBear said:

I have only been punished once before this by the way, as you said I've been punished multiple times. 

Also, one player said it was mute evading, and I would've probably stopped if diammonnd didnt say "mwuahahahaha" after it. That alone just doesn't make me feel like you even read me appeal through. 

As I had shown before, it wasnt only one person who told you that. It was two people, and one person even told you again, and again. I even mentioned how if diammondd was joking about it (which was what you had thought) you were still previously warned by another person when mute evading via discord, so yes, I did read your response and appeal. I assume you may have skipped over the part of me mentioning the joking, as I had said that it would be legit if it was only Diammond who had told you that you were mute evading. Yet again, residents had given you tons of warnings weeks before, when you had mute evaded via discord.

1 hour ago, BearBear said:

Also xo, may I have a list of all my punishments and dates? 🙂

Mutes for disrespect + toxicity, Mute for excessive caps, Mute for excessive toxicity (appealed). These three screenshots are the mutes only on your main account.

Mute for toxicity on your alt.

Warzone Moderator 

No, I am punishing you for mute evasion on discord and ingame. I was just explaining how you being warned by people for evading via discord should have let you know what mute evasion was. I took the discord mute evasion as a warning for you, and am punishing you mainly for ingame.

Warzone Moderator 

22 hours ago, Xounaut said:

Onto the Evidence:  Discord Mute Evasion (1), Discord Mute Evasion (2) (Keep in mind the first screenshot were words that came after the words in the 2nd screenshot.), In game Evasion (1), In Game Evasion (2).

I gave you the evidence here. Server-chat (which was where I pulled the evidence from) is the ingame chat shown on discord. Although, I did not mention this evidence which is proof that DiamondIsRabbid is your alt.

Edited by Xounaut

Warzone Moderator 

I still dont see the problem in the second one, and I told you, I only want the proof for the server chat one. One player warned me that its mute evasion, but I didnt believe him because of the comment afterwards. I asked a staff member, he said not to, so I didnt. What is the problem in this situation?

Casual.png

I gave you the evidence you asked for, and the problem was that you mute evaded after several warnings from two people, and it took you 3 people to stop. You mute evaded with knowing that you were mute evading. If you didnt know, thats kind of bad because of the several warnings people had given you.

Warzone Moderator 

I don't think you understand. I had evidence of residents warning you when you first evaded via discord server chat. So you shouldve had an idea of what mute evasion was, and then on top of that Diammond had warned you afterwards when you mute evaded the 2nd time. I had already explained this earlier. 

I really dont think you are reading this through, and I cannot just keep on saying the same thing over and over again, which is why I am locking and denying this appeal.

Warzone Moderator