Elkors staff application

Minecraft In-Game Name: Elkor
Previous In-Game Names: I have none
Discord Name and Tag: Elkor#3621
Age: I am 17 years old, about to turn 18 on 27th of september.
Time zone: GMT +2
Do you have access to a working microphone? Yes
Do you have the ability to record hackers? Yes, but at maximum of 30 fps since my pc is not the best.
What languages do you speak (fluently)?: I speak fluent English, Slovenian and Bosnian. Since my parents are from Bosnia they moved to Slovenia when they Yugoslavian war was happening. I have a very good understanding of English language but my accent is not the best.

General Details:

Why did you decide to apply for staff on PlexPvP?

I would like to learn to be a moderator, I am very interested in that. It is just something that I liked for awhile but could never do. I have also been enjoying the server a lot. I also like the community that you guys formed on here, most of people that I talked on the server to are very friendly and staff is very helpful when I ask them anything.

Why should we accept you over other applicants?

You should accept me because I am very motivated, confident and I can be very active, I am also a quick learner. I am also in a different timezone so I can be on when most American staff are not.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

As I stated up one of my strengths is that I am a quick learner. I also learn from my mistakes, I can think outside the box, I like helping people in need, I am very disciplined, and I am quite good at multitasking. So my #1 weakness would probably be that I lack any sort of moderating experience. But as I said I am very interested in learning. Sometimes I may come out as rude even though that is not or was not my intention.

What moderation experience do you have?

I have none but I am very enthusiastic about learning it.I am prepared to do as much work as possible to help out and learn. I also believe once I learn to do mod work by myself I will be very useful and helpful.

Have you ever been punished on Plex or any other Minecraft servers?

Yes I have been punished on Minemen.club around 8-9 months ago, for reach hacks. Well I basicaly learned it was very stupid of me to hack, since I closed my door on minemen for sometime and It wasnt fair to other players who were just trying to play the game legit and have fun.

What are some hobbies, activities or achievements you have outside of Minecraft?

I sometimes work out, but my #1 passion is 3D modeling with a computer program called Autodesk Inventor. I am also very good at it, many companies wanted to hire me when I finish school, so I am very proud of that. I also love teaching it to my school colleagues who are interested in it. I started playing the guitar not so long ago so I guess that is a hobby aswell.

Situational Questions:

If the server is being botted, what would you do?

I would IPban one of the bots, that means they would all get banned(if they are on the same ip). If that wouldnt work I would probably mute the chat and ban the bots one by one.

When was a time you got into a disagreement with somebody?

If you came to an agreement, how did you get there? If you didn't, why didn't you? I dont really remember the last time I had an argument with anyone except about politics but thats an argument that cant really be solved and I think in this case it worked that we both agreed to just not talk about politics and focus on our friendship. But If I did stumble upon a rational confilct/argument I would listen to what the other person has to say, try to understand it. Then I would try to answer in the most direct and understandable way.

Tell us about a mistake you made in the past. What did you learn from this mistake and how did you deal with it?

Well my mistake used to be that I used to procrastinate a lot, and I learned that It doesnt work well with my school. I almost failed the class 3 years ago and now I never (as least as possibly) procrastinate.

If a staff members account was hacked, what would you do?

I would simply ban their account, til they get it back (if they get it back) to prevent the hacker accessing any sort of commands like banning innocent players or other staff. On the off hand I didnt have access to the /ban command I would alert all admins to come online.

Anything else you would like to tell us?

Well my name is Erik, I do study mechanical engineering and I really love it. I also really adore music. I cant do anything without it. I have also been in the minecraft pvp community for a long time (probably around 2016), so I feel like I will have advantage on catching pvp related hacks. If you check my account its made in august 2019. Thats because I was playing cracked minecraft from 2016 til 2019. Thank you for your time <3. Also I am sorry if any apostrophes are missing. I have a Slovenian keyboard and we do not have apostrophes on it. 

Edited by Elkor
  • Tastq locked this topic