How to upload and download worlds.

muelr

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 11:11 PM, JailBird said:

Is there any way to make my uploaded world be the default world?

Yes! In order to set a default world, you must first head over to the panel and start up your server. Once your server has started, you can click the settings tab and go to level name and type in the new world that you want to become the default world. Any new users that join your server will spawn in the world that you have typed here.

hey gamer! unless you're Jackson then you're toxic.

Senior Moderator since July 21st 2020

- Currently leading the Recruitment and Media Team.

• 4 weeks later...

Very helpful, well done.

• Haha 2

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

image.png.df36d3208b64e962afbc9ae31737c376.png

Server: Failed to download

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

I can't download my server world. It says "failed to upload file". I heard that the problem is that file.io is only allowing downloads to a certain size and i used my world a lot. I can download other world like my nether where is did not load so many chunks. So right now i cant download my world will that be fixed?

7 minutes ago, 5Sinan61 said:

I can't download my server world. It says "failed to upload file". I heard that the problem is that file.io is only allowing downloads to a certain size and i used my world a lot. I can download other world like my nether where is did not load so many chunks. So right now i cant download my world will that be fixed?

Your current options are;

- wait until Minehut fixes this issue.

- use a client side world downloader.

- use schematica.

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 10:56 PM, Filip551 said:

Do you have any idea of when the problem will be fixed?

The ‘problem’ is an issue with file.io (the service we use for downloading worlds). It decreased the max limit to 100mb instead of 500mb so be careful the size of the world you’re trying to download. This also came with some additional bugs I believe. There is no ETA on when it’ll get back to fully functional.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so confused as to why when I try to upload the files in the game that it says my files are invalid. My world is about 350 mb which is under the 500 mb maximum. I made the world a zip file and got the link from mediafire since file.io only allows 100 mb or lower. When I type in /ul world newworld with the link to the files it just says they are invalid and I don't know why. Is there anything else I need to be aware of or that I am doing wrong??

8 hours ago, mikeyshriner said:

I'm so confused as to why when I try to upload the files in the game that it says my files are invalid. My world is about 350 mb which is under the 500 mb maximum. I made the world a zip file and got the link from mediafire since file.io only allows 100 mb or lower. When I type in /ul world newworld with the link to the files it just says they are invalid and I don't know why. Is there anything else I need to be aware of or that I am doing wrong??

I suggest you try using Dropbox. Once you get the download link, change the =0 to a =1 at the end of the url. 

Founder - Minehut.xyz

5 hours ago, Minehut said:

I suggest you try using Dropbox. Once you get the download link, change the =0 to a =1 at the end of the url. 

I'm not 100% sure if I am doing this right because when i right click the file on drop box and press copy link address, the link comes out on Minecraft as https://www.dropbox.com/preview/worlduno.zip?role=work. So unless I copied the wrong thing, there is no 0 to change and it still considers the files to be invalid.

5 minutes ago, mikeyshriner said:

I'm not 100% sure if I am doing this right because when i right click the file on drop box and press copy link address, the link comes out on Minecraft as https://www.dropbox.com/preview/worlduno.zip?role=work. So unless I copied the wrong thing, there is no 0 to change and it still considers the files to be invalid.

That doesn't seem like the right url, does it give you any others?

Founder - Minehut.xyz

1 hour ago, Filip551 said:

Any news about the download problem? Will there ever be?

Minehut has moved to a different third party platform for downloading worlds. This should resolve any issues you have experienced. 

Minehut is also working on building its own platform for downloading worlds which means any issues will be resolved much quicker. 

• muelr changed the title to How to upload and download worlds.
  • muelr locked this topic
  • muelr unlocked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

You have to delete the current nether and end, then upload the worlds (as world_nether and world_the_end), then restart the server.

Founder - Minehut.xyz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey, thanks for the help. i have been trying to get a minecraft storymode season 2 world into my minehut server and it would not work as it says "an error occured." so this worked! once again, thanks! hope you have a great evening! :)

• Like 1