Uploading world save to server

keg387

Question

Hi,

I'm needing help to upload my world file to my server.

I have it saved as a .zip - it's compressed to approx 79MB.

I have tried to upload it to file.io multiple times, with repeated failure at 99%.

I successfully uploaded to a different file sharing site, but then got a file invalid error when I tried the /ul command in game.

I've tried to upload the .zip file directly to the server "World" page, and had this fail multiple times with no error message.

I have no idea what's wrong, or how to fix it. I've been at this for about 8 hours. Any suggestions would be very welcome. 

Thanks very much!

6 answers to this question

1 minute ago, PandaChan said:

The limit in the panel is 50 MB, you have to upload ingame with the /ul world command
Make sure everything is zipped up correctly, if using file.io doesn't work try mediafire or another site.

Thanks! I did try mediafire, whcih is what ultimately allowed me to get the invalid file type error.

I'll try rezipping (again) and see if it does anything different this time. 

Update: 

Tried rezipping, twice, and uploading through mediafire twice - still getting the same invalid file type error. Is there any way to determine more about what's going wrong with the file so I can fix this?

@keg387Try using dropbox.com it normally works for me perfectly (Note: The share link you get once you upload it to dropbox you will need to change the 0 at end of the link to a 1 for it to work). 

IGN:Bustic
Discord: Bustic#1919

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Joined On: 3 March 2017
[PATRON]: 3 October 2018

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Put your own message here for $1k I need to pay my rent 

7 hours ago, Anonymous192 said:

@keg387Try using dropbox.com it normally works for me perfectly (Note: The share link you get once you upload it to dropbox you will need to change the 0 at end of the link to a 1 for it to work). 

Thanks! I'll give this a try.