Just need to know a few things

AlbertH

Question

Hey,

I have just joined the Minehut community and is really interested on making a server for my intermediate class. I have been searching around different ways for my class to enjoy learning and making different projects. I have been recommended to Minecraft and my classroom voted to use it. I am new to the game and needs help to learn how this server hoster works. I have 27 students in my class and need to be on the same server for a project I am making to entertain them and learn at the same time. I would like to know if there is any costs and if yes how much as I am willing to pay. I have also seen that there is a Minehut lobby where you are taken to when the server is offline and I have seen multiple bad things in there. Is there anyway I can make it so they can direct connect without having to go to the lobby and start the server up? The last thing I would like to know for now is how I can make it so no one else other than my students can join my classroom server. 

7 answers to this question

Hi There

First of all welcome to Minehut! It is great to see you have taken interest in using Minehut's services for your class. 

Our default free server plan is 10 player slots with 12 plugins on each server. As you have said you have a class of 27 students so that means you will have to buy a server plan in order for all of them to be online at the same time. You will have to buy the MH35 server plan which is 1440 credits per month and is able to have upto 35 players on at once. If you would like to know a little bit for you can visit this link https://minehut.com/shop/plans. Now the cost it is 1440 credits per month. The cost of credits can be found on the link https://minehut.com/shop/credits. You will need to buy the 1800 credits package to buy the MH35 plan which is going to cost you $10.00 USD / month. 

All servers go down after 5 mins of no players online. When a server is offline it takes them to the lobby to start the server back up by using the '/join' command. I have sorry to tell you there is no way of direct connecting without going to the lobby when your server is offline. The thing you can possibly do is turn on the server from the dashboard before your students join that way they can just enter the server IP and directly go into the server. 

To make your server private so only your students can join is by doing the '/whitelist on' command in-game (You will have to be a server OP to do this command in-game. To OP yourself you will have to do '/op <your username>). This command will make it so no public people can join but you will have to add your students to the whitelist and you can do that by doing '/whitelist add <your students username>'. 

Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

IGN:Bustic
Discord: Bustic#1919

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Joined On: 3 March 2017
[PATRON]: 3 October 2018

Put your own message here for $1k I need to pay my rent 

Currently that is not possible without someone else having the dashboard. The only way for your students to start the server is through the lobby or you doing it yourself from the Dashboard. 

• Sad 1

Oh okay. Sorry I am asking a lot of questions but do you guys have pre made servers like a template that I can use since I don't know how this stuff really works and how I can set it up for my class.

Sorry we don't have those currently but you are able to ask the Minehut community for support and possibly one of them will be able to help you set it up. You can put a advertising to get someone to help you in the marketplace category and if you have discord you can also put a advertising there in the #marketplace channel. 

• Thanks 1

No problem and have a great day too. 

Topic Now Locked - Question solved if you need any more help please open a new topic.