A Reply To Sh0ot. Old Members of Minehut

rewrr

I saw your post on how Minehut is damaging their own community. Tbh I completely agree about how you said its turning more into a company than community, as i've been playing minehut for over 4 years now every year you see a difference, in how minehut is getting further and further from their community and their needs. Back in 2016 you could make changes in minehut from a vote, or if you were close with staff members. The players really liked Tournaments and 3v3s and that brought together a stable community who genuinely enjoyed being competitive together while being friendly, and sometimes there was drama but thats what made minehut minehut. Staff members would host events that brought the community close like Karaoke nights or just really engaging with the community instead of always punishing, it was like they were really involved in shaping minehut how it was back at that time. I feel like we've completely lost that community and instead was replaced with people who are in it for business, and I guess some people do prefer that, but I think the staff members chosen should have a good engagement with the community and have a reasonable mindset.

Minehut used to be close and mostly everyone knew everyone, and I do get that servers grow and people change but it's like they aren't making the effort in keeping what the old community loved, and i really do feel like if you brought some of those gamemodes (3v3s, Bedwars, Warzone Tournaments) back it could really make minehut grow even more, maybe get back some old players too. Maybe its a good idea to branch out from server making and provide official gamemodes for people who want something a bit more professional than player servers. I do think SLG made minehut a lot better with financial income. I heard back in the day that minehut was losing more money than gaining and I really think you've picked minehut back up on its feet. I know the SLG members wouldn't understand what old minehut was like and how nostalgic it was for me, and i'm sure a lot of other players too.

What I miss most about old minehut, Is how Luuke always thought of what the players would enjoy. He enjoyed it too, the Tournaments and i'm sure many other events or drama. He also engaged with the community, like joining voice chats, genuinely having fun with players and having inside jokes. I dont see that a lot with the new owners of Minehut. Minehut now is getting too 'kid friendly',for the discord atleast.  Now I got muted in the minehut discord for 3 months for a petty reason, and that made me realize that minehut really does need a better punishing system, or better staff to be able to determine whats a reasonable punishment, especially since my last mute was 5h. The point of this post is to show players who didn't play minehut 4-5 years ago what it was like, and how community engaged minehut was. Everyone would feel welcome in chatting in the discord and server because they had a freedom of speech, now a lot of things are restricted in what you can say, and that really made minehut feel really closed off. You are restricted in what you can say because they think people are so sensitive now, i think swearing should be okay until someone is actually offended, let the drama happen then you can have a reason to mute someone.

• Like 1

I completely agree. If Trent and the sr mods spent more time bonding with the community, I reckon a lot of people would understand why they make such decisions and even help them make better ones.

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

As an ex-mod in the "old minehut times" and a current mod rn here are my opinions down below

The "kid-friendly" rules are there because of sponsorship companies for SLG and Minehut. Remember SLG partners with the likes of Nickelodeon and other children oriented services. They requested the rules it's not Trent's or the staff's fault. It costs a lot of money to run a server like Minehut more than I or any player will ever know. I don't feel restricting the use of swear words is silencing free speech. It's simply not that hard to type a msg without them. In the VCs I understand and most mods understand that it comes naturally while speaking so we tend to be much more understanding. I and many other staff would like to interact with the community more and we try our best to, but you guys must understand we are very busy managing not only our own social lives, school/work, and on top of that Minehut. People like to think the staff don't do anything but the truth is we do a lot 90% of it being unseen by the players. The job does effect us,

As for game modes we would like to try and bring better events and servers for users to play on. Benny and I were wanting to do Warzone Classic, but we need to find the right dev for the job. But right now fixing the bot and lobby spam problem is a pressing issue. The days of everyone knowing each-other are gone because Minehut has grown. I honestly am okay with that brings in fresh faces while keeping the old ones close. Plus now we're not some sort of unstable nuclear bomb of a community waiting to go off on each other anymore lol.

Ye all make good points but what I think really is ruining Minehut at the moment is the lack of good playable servers. Yes I agree with rewrr when he said Minehut wants money as that's their objective, why else would they of bought it? But it seems the community also wants money. The vast majority of servers are farming/mining servers that exist on just trying to get money. Back in the days when there wasnt even skript and development would have to rely in command blocks their seemed to be better servers than their is today which is something I find hard to take in. So I wouldn't blame Minehut for making their server less enjoyable more their servers on it right now. Hope yee understand the point I'm trying to get across.

𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖘

VhxEDBl.png.529878f2f7856fdae0d911cde8ce12d1.png
Server Rules  Staff Applications  News & Updates
Reports  Appeals

Retired Moderator (June 30th 2020 - May 17th 2021)

On 5/17/2020 at 5:32 AM, rewrr said:

I saw your post on how Minehut is damaging their own community. Tbh I completely agree about how you said its turning more into a company than community, as i've been playing minehut for over 4 years now every year you see a difference, in how minehut is getting further and further from their community and their needs. Back in 2016 you could make changes in minehut from a vote, or if you were close with staff members. The players really liked Tournaments and 3v3s and that brought together a stable community who genuinely enjoyed being competitive together while being friendly, and sometimes there was drama but thats what made minehut minehut. Staff members would host events that brought the community close like Karaoke nights or just really engaging with the community instead of always punishing, it was like they were really involved in shaping minehut how it was back at that time. I feel like we've completely lost that community and instead was replaced with people who are in it for business, and I guess some people do prefer that, but I think the staff members chosen should have a good engagement with the community and have a reasonable mindset.

Minehut used to be close and mostly everyone knew everyone, and I do get that servers grow and people change but it's like they aren't making the effort in keeping what the old community loved, and i really do feel like if you brought some of those gamemodes (3v3s, Bedwars, Warzone Tournaments) back it could really make minehut grow even more, maybe get back some old players too. Maybe its a good idea to branch out from server making and provide official gamemodes for people who want something a bit more professional than player servers. I do think SLG made minehut a lot better with financial income. I heard back in the day that minehut was losing more money than gaining and I really think you've picked minehut back up on its feet. I know the SLG members wouldn't understand what old minehut was like and how nostalgic it was for me, and i'm sure a lot of other players too.

What I miss most about old minehut, Is how Luuke always thought of what the players would enjoy. He enjoyed it too, the Tournaments and i'm sure many other events or drama. He also engaged with the community, like joining voice chats, genuinely having fun with players and having inside jokes. I dont see that a lot with the new owners of Minehut. Minehut now is getting too 'kid friendly',for the discord atleast.  Now I got muted in the minehut discord for 3 months for a petty reason, and that made me realize that minehut really does need a better punishing system, or better staff to be able to determine whats a reasonable punishment, especially since my last mute was 5h. The point of this post is to show players who didn't play minehut 4-5 years ago what it was like, and how community engaged minehut was. Everyone would feel welcome in chatting in the discord and server because they had a freedom of speech, now a lot of things are restricted in what you can say, and that really made minehut feel really closed off. You are restricted in what you can say because they think people are so sensitive now, i think swearing should be okay until someone is actually offended, let the drama happen then you can have a reason to mute someone.

Ah cmon now I gotta read this whole thing to give an opinion jeez. Because of that you're going to receive a Gaminger

"I saw your post on how Minehut is damaging their own community."

- Weird to see IceChuckyBear, one of the random many players I've seen in my begin here on Minehut, doing such a post. To think back then things were so diferent... @Sh0ot oh you bet I remember the good ol' days you could do drama everyday everytime xD. Well I feel you bro, I've also seen many old people I played and had fun with quitting minehut because "minehut is garbage now". I want to add that one of the things that (in my opinion) is not helping aside from all the things you said is the fact that there are no player servers like the old ones. The ones we had memories with you know? Thats also one problem we are currently facing. Wheres the Deathruns, beans, Miners, Deathbans, Classic Prisons, True Warzone, ect...? They are no where to be found. Heck even some cookie clicker servers were legit fun.
Now I want to say here that I agree with no swear rules because reasons I am not going to detail here (YEA THE DRAMA KING JUST SAID THAT). I also want to say here that age might have an impact on how we see things and maybe thats also one of the reasons we don't find minehut as interesting as it was back then. But I agree, theres alot of different things that are not as good as they were back in the past.

"Tbh I completely agree about how you said its turning more into a company than community"

- Well figures. Luuke sold it to basically what is a company. Their goal is to gain something out of it. They said in the beggining they were not doing it for them $$$ but fact is they are taking time with it, they gotta somehow gain some sort of $$$, even if it is out of a youtube channel.

" as i've been playing minehut for over 4 years now every year you see a difference, in how minehut is getting further and further from their community and their needs."

- Well no tbh it is kinda hard to as futher as the Minehut shutdown in 2016 and the big drama xD. But yea I get what you're saying, its (kinda) right

"The players really liked Tournaments and 3v3s and that brought together a stable community who genuinely enjoyed being competitive together while being friendly, and sometimes there was drama but thats what made minehut minehut."

- Well yea but keep in mind that tournaments and 3v3s existed because Luuke's main goal back then was not the player servers but in doing pvp tournaments. Even if you say it was not Luuke's main goal, that was what he really wanted. Im not sure if Luuke did the tournaments and the 3v3s solely because of the community. My opinion is he didn't but who knows. But yea it is true, good times, friendly people that were funny to play around and some toxicity to get things spicy hehe

"Staff members would host events that brought the community close like Karaoke nights or just really engaging with the community instead of always punishing"

- Exactly, many different types of events that were really engaging. But I also have to agree that Minehut today still has some events, some of them done by players.

" I feel like we've completely lost that community and instead was replaced with people who are in it for business"

- Yea thats the feeling of everyone around here because they are basically a business. That fact shapes the players into being something different from what they were back in the ol' days, which makes it harder for old players because there are just a few of them and their impact is not as big as it was in the past. Also another thing to remember is that there are basically no good player servers (like the old originals). Player servers used to shape minehut by quite a bit. Its as if minehut lost its charm.

" I guess some people do prefer that, but I think the staff members chosen should have a good engagement with the community and have a reasonable mindset."

- Being a good moderator and engaging with players actually helps the server grow over time. Just being a good moderator might not be the best.

" I do get that servers grow and people change but it's like they aren't making the effort in keeping what the old community loved"

- Maybe they dont want to. Maybe they gain more in doing things this way. Think about it. If they are infact a business, they are (most likely) trying to maximize something, be it $$$, players or something I can't think of because I am bad at economics. Thing is, something is being maximized here, and whatever it is it probably isnt maximized if the old community and the old ways of leading the server stay. Thats why (I think) things are they way they are right now rewrr. Not saying that's the best for the players, ofc it isnt. But if they are a business they are sadly going to do things this way. And I kinda disagree with Sh0ot when he talks about how damaging the swear rules are. Yea sure they might damage us, but as Sh0ot said 10 year olds are everywhere here. They might even gain more players doing things this way. NOW I AM NOT SAYING THAT I AGREE WITH WHAT SUPER LEAGUE IS DOING OK DONT GET THAT IDEA FROM YOUR MIGHTY DRAMA KING.

"if you brought some of those gamemodes (3v3s, Bedwars, Warzone Tournaments) back it could really make minehut grow even more, maybe get back some old players too."

- Thats the best idea ever really, because if they want to get more players they can do it that way. Thing is, it might attract old players. Do they really want old players in their server? Does it helps them with maximizing whatever they want to maximize because they are a business? Thats the question here.

"Maybe its a good idea to branch out from server making and provide official gamemodes for people who want something a bit more professional than player servers."

- WARZONE, WARZONE, WARZONE

"Is how Luuke always thought of what the players would enjoy."

- Thing is, I think Luuke didn't care about players as much as you think he cared. If he really cared about the players, some things would have not happened thats for sure. Now yes I acknowledge he cared to some extent.

"Minehut now is getting too 'kid friendly',for the discord atleast."

- Well maybe that maximizes what they want as a business sadface

"Now I got muted in the minehut discord for 3 months for a petty reason"

- Boi I was permanently muted for literally typing fast. I've been muted for like what 9 months now? If you guys remember I type like this

"
Gaminger: _Rascal boi this map you just created is trash
[BUILDER] _Rascal: Yea whatever
[MOD] Pixelific: Gaminger please do not start any drama here on Warzone or else.
Gaminger: Or else?
Gaminger: Dude chill
Gaminger: I ain't starting drama lol
Gaminger: Its like
Gaminger: im just messing
Gaminger: with this build xDD
BennyDoesStuff was shot by Gaminger
Gaminger: LOL
Kagaroo: HAHA
rewrr: What xD
Gaminger: GG
Gaminger: BENNY
Gaminger: WHAT WERE YOU
Gaminger: ACTUALLY
Gaminger: THINKING XDDD
BennyDoesStuff: shut up
MatteoGames: woof
"

(Typing each setence in 1 second). I got permanent muted for "flooding" chat because I was typing my (stupid yea I aknowledge) way.

"minehut really does need a better punishing system"

- I agree, punishments cant be as harsh as they are being. I am not saying swearing should come back but 3 months for a petty reason is quite a bit. Rules exist to maintain order. If you have rules but you can't maintain order well maybe your rules are not doing what they should do, which is maintain order.

"The point of this post is to show players who didn't play minehut 4-5 years ago what it was like"

- You did well my bro rewrr gj im proud of you

"let the drama happen then you can have a reason to mute someone."

- Yea exactly I agree. Thats what happened when I was banned on the forums by Pixelific ending of 2016... yea ._.

The Gaminger by Gaminger, 19th of May 2020

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruffen said some interesting things about the rules there are. It helps seeing why some things are they way they are. Its also hard for them to keep up with the many things they have to do.

Chilkins also mentions good playable servers and I agree that also affects some things. Theres a mix of things that are currently affecting minehut:

- Current Rules
- Low interaction between staff-players
- lack of good player servers
- Minehut becoming more of a business

ALSO @Ceppy NO I HAVE NOT FORGOT ABOUT THE GAMINGER POST

Edited by Gaminger

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

Few more things to clarify on

Minehut is a business. Remember how Minehut has shut down many times in the past? It's because its not cheap to exist in the first place. As I said the rules on swearing is for much needed sponsorship/advertisers/ partners. To complain about the server's plugin limit and ram, but then reject necessary rule changes doesn't make sense. If we want better servers we need more money and that means going child friendly.

As for player servers being a business and p2w that is an entirely different problem. Minehut does not enforce the EULA that is the responsibility of Mojang. This also means that you guys are entirely in the right to report those servers to Mojang and we will pass on the information to server owners. If you wish to make a change this is the best course of action.

There are many issues with Minehut as a whole, most issues lie pretty deep within the staff team and require effort and time to fix but it is possible, I think if Minehut doesn't fix some of the above mentioned issues soon and any other issues then Minehut will eventually have its downfall.

IGN: PandaChan

Discord: PundaChen

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PundaChen 

7 minutes ago, PandaChan said:

I think if Minehut doesn't fix some of the above mentioned issues soon and any other issues then Minehut will eventually have its downfall.

Not that it "matters" because minehut always has to come back somehow xD (it matters ofc)

Edited by Gaminger

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

I'm totally cool with the server packages and charges and what not, but not when the plugins havn't been updated for a month. If you're going to charge for a service at least let us USE the service.

The community side of it doesn't bother me, I don't play on other peoples servers. I'm here to have one for me and my friends. If I wanted to meet people and hang out i'd join a big minigame server.

• 3 weeks later...

I completely agree with this post. Really well said.

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord