Server Crashing - HELP

HaydenR

Hi everybody, 

I recently started paying monthly for my minecraft server to play with my friends. However, only a day later whilst I was playing with my friends the server crashed showing the error in my logs as "Exception in server tick loop". I thought maybe this was a one off problem with the server or minehut so tried restarting it. All my friends could join fine and played for about 5 minutes. However, as soon I as joined the server it crashed again, this time showing the error "Ticking player". Clearly I must've caused some issue in the world btu cannot work out what the problem is.

It has been 4 days now and am still having the same problem. Randomly when my friends are playing the error "Exception in server tick loop" will appear and with 100% success when I join the server immediately stops again detailing "Ticking Player".

I cannot work out what might be causing this, I have repaired the files with minehut's feature and tried removing recently installed plugins and their files. I cannot work out what the problem is. Furthermore, I have contacted minehut twice in the 4 days since it happened to NO response, despite them saying they will reply "within 2 days". I am quite disappointed with the customer service, especially considering I am not on a free server.

Is there anybody else who can help me since I do enjoy the ease of minehut but feel like I may have to accept my money is gone to minehut and I will have to switch to using a different server host.

Thanks a lot for any help.

4 hours ago, BKG said:

I figured it out

Go into the console in the dashboard

Type in gamerule randomTickSpeed 3

make sure that there is no slash

I have tried this but unfortuanely I am still having the same problem as before. 

Thanks anyway though.

• 1 month later...

He's right the way to do is to type gamerule randomTickSpeed 3 without the slash

How you do it however is on timing, you start the server on the website and wait till its started

Then enter the code online in the console, WITHOUT TYPING /join *server name* IN THE MINEHUT LOBBY

Once the command is sent through, join and see the millions of pigmen 🙂

the random tickspeed default is 3, as those guys have stated above. If you've changed it to something extraordinarily high, that issue will persist. Follow the steps that these guys stated above, but like @toma_g_o_m said, make sure to start it from the panel and not in the lobby.

If this problem persists, you could try resetting your server in the "Danger Zone" section of the panel. You will lose everything, so be prepared if you decide to take this route.

I exist 👀

2017116754_Screenshot(570).png.53f79c07d815582c1f0c4d5e5760f428.png

826961329_Screenshot(726).png.b1bc8a533ec416adf7f48c55de441ab9.png