Why I think this update is good

Migins

Ok so recently I have seen a lot of forums, discord and lobby chats talking about how they dislike this update. I'm sure a lot of you have too. Not only is this incessant arguments annoying and bias, they are out of place and honestly useless, the plugin limit isn't going to change. So I am here to tell all of you, who have posted hate (myself included) about this update, why this update is good for Minehut and you.

Why this is a good thing for Minehut:

Minehut is a free server host. F R E E. It does not owe us anything and from what I have gathered it costs A LOT of money to run. And the fact is, there are so many people who play Minehut and they just can't cater for every single person. Statistically, 95% of player servers use less than 12 plugins. And I know, it is irrelevant to compare those who use very little plugins to monetary income through Minehut as these people are the least likeliest of all of Minehut to buy credits. But, at the end of the day, minehut is catering for the 95% of players, not the 5%. And I'm going to ask a rhetorical question, if you ran a business like Minehut (SLG), would you want people earning hundreds, if not thousands of dollars from your business while you are literally not earning any money from the server itself? Minehut is a business and, as such, needs money to run and pay their employees, especially in the times we are now in (COVID-19). I don't want to get too much into finance itself as I don't know a lot about Minehut and SLG's monetary situation, but it would be safe to assume that Minehut is one, if not the only one, of SLG's current main income of money. And I know you guys want it to be 20 instead of 12, but Trent addressed in the Q/A yesterday that if the plugin slots were 20, it would only be changing 1% of minehut users. 

Why this is a good thing for You:

We all know your story, you had a small development server and you NEED your 23 plugins, poor thing. It is just a personal attack on you isn't it? WRONG! This is not a personal attack on you (:gasp:)! This is Minehut economising for the sake of us all. If you truly do need your 23 plugins, vote for a few days/weeks until you can buy a plan for a day, join the server, test skripts etc and leave. You can still have all your plugins in your server when you don't have a plan, you just can't start it. This means that you can get a daily plan once a week or every few days and hop on and do some work and leave. Not that hard? Or, better yet, you can host a server locally while you test skripts, you can find a tutorial on how to do this here (or just search it up yourself you lazy person). Ok, now that's out of the way I can actually tell you why this is good for YOU. It is good for you because this will mean better things from Minehut. This means Minehut gets more money to invest right back into the server. This means that there isn't 5 year olds making servers with 87 plugins and crashing Minehut completely. This means that we can rest assured that Minehut WILL bring out some new custom features in the foreseeable future. Maybe not this month, or even the next one, but eventually we will see some cool stuff. 

Additional Stuff:

From this update, Trent has come out of his cave and did a Q/A with us. This honestly was the best thing I have ever seen in Minehut. He answered nearly every question asked for hours. This is why I choose Minehut and why you should too, this incredible community is not worth leaving over a few plugins.

Thanks and I hope you have a great day,

Migqy xo

• Like 3

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

This summarized the changed pretty well in my opinion. 👍

• Thanks 1

Santio71 -> Developer

Development Lead for Minehut Events Team

First Joined: Jan. 24, 2016

[VIP]~2019

Joined CET: July 22, 2019 (About 1.75 years ago) 

[PRO]: May 6, 2020

Rejoined CET: June 15, 2020

Moderator: December 19, 2022

himods_1_464x213.pngok3.png.9f407538426375980dbfd1a70bd93a74.pngok2.png.2d1e6960fee974293bc3aaebeb41d5db.png

1 hour ago, Santio71 said:

This summarized the changed pretty well in my opinion. 👍

thx santio xo

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

10 hours ago, iliketoasters said:

Remember when plugins costed credits. Those were the dark times. And if you wanted to make a serious server you had to buy some credits. Would you rather have that guys? Does that sound good!?

Not only that, plugins like skript required the highest tier plan, but nowadays anyone can get it.

First Joined: July 2015
VIP: January 2020
Jr.Mod: 1st April 2020
Mod: 16th July 2020

Info:

~ Skript Developer
~ Discord: @nicholxs#0001
~ Previous names: Nichxlxs, Deterno, iHaveSkills, Retrical

22 minutes ago, Nichxlxs said:

Not only that, plugins like skript required the highest tier plan, but nowadays anyone can get it.

o:

I don't know if I was on Minehut then so that must have been weird.

1 minute ago, Migqy said:

o:

I don't know if I was on Minehut then so that must have been weird.

Pretty sure back then most of the addons were also unavailable. But back then the community was more into plugins and command blocks, and skript wasn't that popular.

First Joined: July 2015
VIP: January 2020
Jr.Mod: 1st April 2020
Mod: 16th July 2020

Info:

~ Skript Developer
~ Discord: @nicholxs#0001
~ Previous names: Nichxlxs, Deterno, iHaveSkills, Retrical

Just now, Nichxlxs said:

Pretty sure back then most of the addons were also unavailable. But back then the community was more into plugins and command blocks, and skript wasn't that popular.

Yeah, I was never into skript until last year and I only started learning in december. I literally don't remember anything before 2019 on Minehut even though I joined in 2016, TO PLAY A SURVIVAL SERVER WITH MY FRIENDS 😮