Add (Good) Music To Your Server Tutorial

ChungusPootFan

I've been using the plugin CraftBook for awhile now to add music to my server, as it's probably the best plugin for it, yet the most vague and unknown about. So for this reason I want to give you all a tutorial on how to set it up and put songs in your server inside of world guard regions.

To begin, you must install CraftBook to your server, this should be easy. The next step is to actually enable the music feature. Head to plugins/CraftBook/config.yml. Now scroll down until you see - ICs. Delete - ICs off of the list, then put it in the list near the top of enable features. You'll now want to do /craftbook reload. Next, go back in to the craftbook folder. If a folder named "midi" did not appear, make one yourself. It should have another folder inside called Playlists, but we won't be using that. Find a .mid or .midi file of your choice online. (If it's .mid, rename it to .midi, as minehut for some reason does not allow importing .mid files but allows .midi.), then upload it in to the plugins/CraftBook/midi folder. Now, go to your server and make a region. (Make sure the region name can fit on the sign with "r:" and ";LOOP" on the same line) Next, you'll want to create a sign. Make the first line MELODY, second line [MC1270]. 3rd line is the name of the midi file you would like to play (Example: Song.midi) and make the fourth line r:*Region for song*;LOOP . Finally, to start the song, just place a lever in front of the sign and activate it. 

For some technical things, to disable the playing message, head to ic-config.yml in the craftbook folder, and scroll down to MC1270, and just set playing messages to false. One other thing is that if the sign is in unloaded chunks, the song will stop, so make sure its close to where you enter the region and make the region not too big. One more thing, making multiple signs for the same song in the same region will make it play multiple of the same song, so try to stay away from doing this. This will also happen if 2 different songs are active at the same time. One final thing, it will convert the midi to noteblocks. You cannot play any non noteblock songs using CraftBook.

The reason you should be using craftbook over other plugins is due to its very high quality midi player compared to others like icJukeBox, and its ability to be played in specific regions to whoever enters the region, basically quality and convenience. I hope to see many more servers have great music with this knowledge, silence is never fun!

• Like 2

im not a furry, im just a fan of furry farts

• 1 year later...

I know this is really old but when I open the world for the second time after adding craftbook the game says the /craftbook commands don't exist. Aslo every time I try to do /craftbook reload it gives me an error message saying that the command could not be done. 

• 2 months later...