1.16 Nether update

Gila

Question

Hey,
Minehut is currently 1.15.2 and 1.16 is coming soon.
I saw in another thread that minehut updates the server versions automatically and was wondering if I delete the nether dimension files when minehut becomes 1.16, will the nether generate 1.16 style or will it generate a new nether dimension 1.15.2 style?
Theoretically it should generate like 1.16 right?

thanks in advance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Winnerbeast2234 said:

Minecraft 1.16 is out! how many more days will it be before they update minehut?

Depending on Paper Spigot and other Minehut plugins could be anywhere between 1 week to 3 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖘

VhxEDBl.png.529878f2f7856fdae0d911cde8ce12d1.png
Server Rules  Staff Applications  News & Updates
Reports  Appeals

Retired Moderator (June 30th 2020 - May 17th 2021)

21 minutes ago, iGalaxy said:

Minehut doesn't fully support 1.16 yet. It allows 1.16 players to connect, but servers still run 1.15.2. Minehut will support 1.16 once Paper and core plugins are updated to 1.16.

When will that be? I'm just asking not to be rude.

2 minutes ago, Dashingdude said:

My friends and I are trying to find the new biomes but we only find the nether wastes but we see the zoglins and when we go into f3 it says we are in the nether_wastes. Anyone know?

Minehut doesn't fully support 1.16 yet. It allows 1.16 players to connect, but servers still run 1.15.2. Minehut will support 1.16 once Paper and core plugins are updated to 1.16.

• Thanks 1

Member of the Minehut community since June 2016
        Contact me on Discord: @iGalaxy#2018

Check me out on the Minehut Market: Click Here

1 minute ago, nullific said:

In order to connect to playerservers via 1.16 the playerserver must have ViaVersion installed I do believe.

Yes, you must have ViaVersion installed on your server to allow 1.16 clients to connect. Minehut itself supports 1.16 clients to connect already, though.

10 hours ago, xXHIXx said:

Everything is the same in my server, there are no new items or mobs, only re-skinned pigman. I even had to completely reset my survival server where both my friend and I had a lot of progress, please help I tried deleting the nether file and did that multiple times. Also in creative, in the search bar you can see the item but when you put it in your inventory it turns to stone please help me!

1.16 isnt out on minehut yet, they need their plugins to update in order for them to fully update to 1.16 so resetting anything wont help you, the only thing worth resetting would have been your nether only to leave it ungenerated till 1.16 is released on minehut

19 hours ago, xXHIXx said:

Everything is the same in my server, there are no new items or mobs, only re-skinned pigman. I even had to completely reset my survival server where both my friend and I had a lot of progress, please help I tried deleting the nether file and did that multiple times. Also in creative, in the search bar you can see the item but when you put it in your inventory it turns to stone please help me!

the update isnt on minehut yet

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, jonolog said:

Hi my friends and I have a survival world and I do YouTube and have made gold farm. I have noticed that minehut is still 1.16 and was wondering why its not in 1.16.3. Because my friends and I have been wanting black stone from bartering case we get lots of gold. Please could you help us to now why its in 1.16 not 1.16.3. Oh and another thing is that now tnt dups don't work I wanted to build a tree farm with tnt dupers but cant case tnt dups dont work any more. Plase help fix

The servers are in 1.16.1 but you can join on 1.16.3. Minehut is waiting for a stable 1.16.3 paper spigot build and they are waiting for  more plugins to be updated to 1.16.3, that is why it is better to stay on 1.16.1

Also please do not respond to posts that are over 1 month old.

Discord - swirs#0069

In-game name - swiirs

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - July 1st 2020

Support - 9/6/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 1/10/2021

Moderator - 1/10/2021 - 5/17/2021

Retired - 5/17/2021 - Present

Joined Minehut Mid-late 2015

---------------------------------------------------------

Just now, Mrnotflimflam said:

When will that be? I'm just asking not to be rude.

In a pinned message on the Minehut discord, they estimate about a week.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, iGalaxy said:

In order to connect to playerservers via 1.16 the playerserver must have ViaVersion installed I do believe.

Discord: neo?#1200

First JoinDecember 17th, 2015

VIP: 23/08/2019

Minecraft Username: nullific

santioNERD.png.c68b0fda25a448bcbe3278033a7987b2.png

Don't apologise, you're not being rude at all. Spigot usually takes a week to update, then most major plugins follow shortly. I'd say two weeks at the minimum.

Discord: neo?#1200

First JoinDecember 17th, 2015

VIP: 23/08/2019

Minecraft Username: nullific

santioNERD.png.c68b0fda25a448bcbe3278033a7987b2.png

It will take alot of times to update because

PaperSpigot is a fork of Spigot which Spigot is a fork of Bukkit which Bukkit is a fork of Normal minecraft server

Means bukkit will need to update their server first? I'm not sure because Spigot can just make their own version for PaperMC to fork

OR PaperMC can just make their own fork

Untitled-2.jpg.9db55bd1d0eb36b537a815a8df762784.jpg

[VIP] THA1LAND

10 hours ago, Dashingdude said:

My friends and I are trying to find the new biomes but we only find the nether wastes but we see the zoglins and when we go into f3 it says we are in the nether_wastes. Anyone know?

i have the same thing 

• Sad 2

Hi my friends and I have a survival world and I do YouTube and have made gold farm. I have noticed that minehut is still 1.16 and was wondering why its not in 1.16.3. Because my friends and I have been wanting black stone from bartering case we get lots of gold. Please could you help us to now why its in 1.16 not 1.16.3. Oh and another thing is that now tnt dups don't work I wanted to build a tree farm with tnt dupers but cant case tnt dups dont work any more. Plase help fix

Edited by jonolog