Idea - Unlimited players

The Poll:  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes!
    • It might be...
    • No... (Tell me why in the comments.)
    • I don't really know...

So this is my 1st post on the new forums (No hate)

The idea:

So its basically as it says in the title, unlimited players.

It costs 300 Credits per day. (Why, See spoiler for reasoning)

Spoiler

Because the max credits you can buy in a month is 9400 credits. This means that, if spread evenly throughout the month, you can spend 335 credits a day. Thats why it's 300.

Reaching this means there needs to be more ram allocated.

Pros:

Allows big servers to not have to worry about hitting the max.

No lag for the big servers full of laggy skript plugins as it will have unlimited ram (I think)

Big youtubers can make servers on Minehut possibly attracting players.

People planning on making a very big server can use the players of minehut as a source of players

Cons:

Most servers won't reach past 75 players (the current max) so they won't need it.

Unlimited ram is a bit hard to make.

Most people will disagree with this idea as it wont effect them only other around them.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:26 AM, AppleFlavored said:

There is no such thing as unlimited players or RAM. There will always be a limit since infinity of something is impossible.

What?

Unlimited players IS possible. RAM is not. Only issue is the ram usage.

Unlimited players is possible,  but more player equals more RAM Usage, and that means server crash in a certain point (if not enough ram)

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2019 at 12:39 AM, Gonzalo506 said:

Unlimited players IS possible. RAM is not. Only issue is the ram usage.

The maximum 64-bit unsigned integer is 18,446,744,073,709,551,615. This might seem infinite since the population of Earth is over 7.7 billion, but mathematically, unlimited players is impossible.

Edited by AppleFlavored

OWO
OWO
OWO

OWO

OWO

OWO

8BC07C5F-77E6-47A8-980B-9E4FAECB63C1.gif.846120b4938f1f37fa67cab7d6e1e102.gif

Posted (edited)

The problem is that you can buy Amazing servers with unlimited players for 40$ a month(comparing it to server.pro). That amount of credits a month is about 50$ a month. Since Minehut has things you normally wouldn't want in a professional server(ip bans being broken, bans/kicks bringing you to the main Minehut server, servers shutting down when there are no players, etc), it would make sense for you to get a cheaper server, with better capability 

Also as mentioned, most servers on Minehut don't fill up the current max amount of players(75). So it would be useless to almost everyone.

Edited by Nd_
Fixed a fragment+grammar

On 7/8/2019 at 7:31 AM, AppleFlavored said:

The maximum 64-bit unsigned integer is 18,446,744,073,709,551,615. This might seem infinite since the population of Earth is over 7.7 billion, but mathematically, unlimited players is impossible.

dude

On 7/8/2019 at 6:31 AM, AppleFlavored said:

The maximum 64-bit unsigned integer is 1. This might seem infinite since the population of Earth is 2 people, but mathematically, unlimited players is impossible.

I love that you can edit quotes

On 6/23/2019 at 4:38 PM, MHF_Developer said:

So this is my 1st post on the new forums (No hate)

The idea:

So its basically as it says in the title, unlimited players.

It costs 300 Credits per day. (Why, See spoiler for reasoning)

Reveal hidden contents

Because the max credits you can buy in a month is 9400 credits. This means that, if spread evenly throughout the month, you can spend 335 credits a day. Thats why it's 300.

Reaching this means there needs to be more ram allocated.

Pros:

Allows big servers to not have to worry about hitting the max.

No lag for the big servers full of laggy skript plugins as it will have unlimited ram (I think)

Big youtubers can make servers on Minehut possibly attracting players.

People planning on making a very big server can use the players of minehut as a source of players

Cons:

Most servers won't reach past 75 players (the current max) so they won't need it.

Unlimited ram is a bit hard to make.

Most people will disagree with this idea as it wont effect them only other around them.

It'd take way to much RAM, it'd cause minehut to be laggier and to crash more. This is a horrible idea 😛

• Thanks 1

• Been scripting for 2 years

• Discord - Senpai?#0555

• Long time Minehut player

PRO Rank

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

download.jpgth.jpg.4b945019223b159efad95cdffc60886e.jpgimage.jpeg.da6e9ee446cf561d297d7bcc6a704e6d.jpeg

Unlimited ram? Really? Lag machines are a thing, for 300 credits a day, it wouldn’t cost much to crash the network. Minehut would just lose money. And if you get more than 75 players so often that it actually becomes a problem, consider an external server.

Posted (edited)

The main problem I see here is that it would lag the tf out of minehut

and if everyone used this it would crash multiple times a day,

And unlimited ram (like you said) is Very hard to make.

Edited by Maxtur

• Like 1

I've been doing skript for 3 years. I don't find my self a "better" skripter or do competitions against others.

I just wish people can just get along & just help each out and be king to one and another.

I have been hosting ValkNet for 4 years

ever since 2015 when i joined minehut around February or January.

The owner of ValkyrieNetwork (known as ValkNet) | https://discord.gg/JRSSttg

A great service that i provide for the minehut community!

Discord: TacticalModz#3082

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGN: Doltymax

Discord: Doltymax#7140

Info: Owner of SkyLordsMC!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this isnt a good idea since atleas if you could like pay a lot of money for it but the other servers will expirience other issiues and its practically impossible given its a free service