New Homepage and Dynamic Scaling

Trent

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 11.54.24.png

New Homepage Highlights

Our new homepage is live! 

• Faster load time
  • Built on same framework as the panel
    • Has your logged in state
    • No more /app (needed when home page was separate website from panel)
  • Testimonials from some long time Minehut users! ❤️
  • Light and dark theme
  • Dynamic server stats are back (ram, servers and players online, top servers)

Dynamic Scaling

Previously, Minehut would have an effective max capacity of around 3000 to 4000 servers. In order for us to scale up, we needed to purchase more servers and it would sometimes take days to increase our capacity. Last summer, we grew a lot and ran up against our capacity often. This summer we'll be ready for it thanks to our new dynamic scaling 🙂

Scaling Up

As concurrent players and servers grow every day, Minehut will automatically turn on enough host nodes to hold as many servers as needed to let everyone play. This means you should never see a message saying you can't start your server because we're at capacity. There isn't a queue to start servers, we'll always allow you to start your server when you click activate.

What goes up must come down

In order to scale up, we also need to scale down as player and server counts decrease. We've written an FAQ article explaining how this process works here and what you can expect to happen when we need to scale down.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm impressed.

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

So, basically, making people shut down their server on their own, force hibernate it even if they're in the middle of stuff.   Yeah, the rest of the stuff is whatever, but having to do this, when I can't even save and download my stuff to begin with is a deterrent. 

lookin good.

i think the new design works better on the home page rather than the dashboard, and seriously?! the light theme is literally just white!

so

conclusion

i think the homepage looks noice, but i prefer the old dashboard (the new layout and colour scheme are weird)

By reading this you are a confirmed nerd

IMG_1036.PNG

lolololol.PNG

lmao.PNG

6 hours ago, Ezekia said:

lookin good.

i think the new design works better on the home page rather than the dashboard, and seriously?! the light theme is literally just white!

so

conclusion

i think the homepage looks noice, but i prefer the old dashboard (the new layout and colour scheme are weird)

I think I agree to that

• Haha 1

First Join: October 21st, 2017
VIPNovember 11th, 2017
PRO: August 29th, 2018
VIP Again: December 3rd, 2018
Legend: Not achieved yet.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:18 PM, Dramomo said:

So, basically, making people shut down their server on their own, force hibernate it even if they're in the middle of stuff.   Yeah, the rest of the stuff is whatever, but having to do this, when I can't even save and download my stuff to begin with is a deterrent. 

We give an hour warning, and we don't let servers start on host nodes for 2 hours before we know they're going to shut down. Our goal is to have it interrupt as few people as possible. This means that the shortest your server could've been online is 2 hours and then always a 1 hour warning. You can also choose to stop your server and start it again at any point within that time.

We're also going to allow users to download files directly from the panel in the future. We're working on new features like that 🙂 Just no ETA yet..

1 hour ago, FadelessBanjo said:

Yeah.. Minehut is improving 

Quadruple quote.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.