Recently, been talking on the Discord and a player sparked me an idea that we should have...
I say we should create a section on the forums and on the Discord on name claims and let staff (SRMod+) decide if we can claim the name or not.
The idea is similar to the subreddit called r/redditrequest. The point of that subreddit was to give requests on taking names that weren't active anymore.
This idea is applied on MH where if there is a server has a name you wanted and it's inactive, we could request to have that name.
I think this is a reasonable process to take a name:
• Request the name on Forums/Discord
• Staff takes a look on the name
• Check for inactivity. (Contact server owner, check server activity, etc)
• If activity is shown within a week, name cannot be taken.
• If there is inactivity within a week, the name should be available to the user that requested it.
People on Minehut want OG names and it's unfair to see OG names taken and not even be used so we should give the people a chance to claim an inactive name they want.