Socialize with your friends 👋

Categories

Minehut Returns11
TrentAdmin
posted 2 months ago

Minehut Returns

After 2 weeks, we’re back online. There is a lot of important information covered in this post as we look to answer any and all questions you may have.

Highlights

• Minehut is back online as it was before the outage. No new features were added, and we are still running on Minecraft version 1.12.2.
  • You’ll be prompted to reset your password the next time you login. Upon doing so, you’ll receive 1000 credits.
  • Not all servers were recovered. You’ll receive a separate email if your server was affected and an additional 9000 credits for each server that was lost.

What Happened

On Saturday February 2nd at 11:15am PST, a user was able to gain access to Minehut’s backend and deleted information from various servers integral to the Minehut community. This included our storage servers as well as our backup servers.

In total, the 316,684 Minehut servers created since June 2018 when Super League assumed control of the site were deleted. We have spent the last 2 weeks working to recover as much data as possible from the affected machines pulling data from our various storage and backup servers to get Minehut back up and running in a state as close to it was prior to going offline.

Unfortunately, we did not recover all servers. We understand how disheartening it is to lose your hard work. If you had a server that was lost, you’ll be receiving an email from us today notifying you of the server(s) you created that were not recovered. Your Minehut web panel account will have an extra 9000 credits per server we were unable recover. We understand credits are in no way a replacement for the many hours of hard work you put into your server, but we hope it helps you get started on creating more awesome things on Minehut.

While the recovery process was under way, we took time to assess security at Minehut and Super League. This has led us to make the move from OVH to Amazon Web Services. This move will provide us with more scalable, more secure, and more redundant infrastructure to use going forward.

Additional Notes:

All 259 plugins had to be redownloaded and installed on our servers. We have yet to be able to fully test each individual plugin. If you experience any issues with a plugin, please report it on the forums and we will fix them promptly.

Bedrock support is currently disabled until we can update to version 1.9 that was recently released. We still plan to support Bedrock and will be notifying when this feature returns.

If your server was lost, you will still see it as a server you can start in your panel. However, once joined the default Minehut server will be presented. All plugins purchased on the servers are still available to you and can installed.

Password Updates and Getting Your Credits

The next time you log in to your account, you’ll be asked to update your password. This is purely a precautionary measure. While the user database for the web panel was compromised, the passwords in that database are encrypted with Bcrypt which is the industry standard in password encryption. Upon resetting your password, you will receive the promised 1000 credits on your account in addition to any credits due to server losses. If one of your servers was lost, you’ll find 10,000 additional credits in your account. If both of your servers were lost, you’ll have an additional 19,000 credits.

What Happens Next

We’re still working hard on improving and growing Minehut. Some items that are on the roadmap:

• Monthly content series & events with Youtubers
  • 1.13 update
  • Portals for featured servers
  • Stripe support
  • Live console
  • Performance improvements

2 months ago0

just my luck that my server was affected.

NinventooModerator
2 months ago1

awesome

2 months ago1

Checkmark | Support

Thank you so much for the hard work and dedication that was put into recovering Minehut.

Checkmark will be up in the next 24 hours or less.

Thank you so much, Trent! You guys worked hard to fix and to bring back Minehut for us. I’m also very happy for the compensation, especially because it will greatly help me with progress on my new server.

Omg can't believe it!!! thank you so much trent, you're the best!

2 months ago1

Actually, we have a problem. We're in the lobby (SMGamer and Retnick) and we're doing /join disnylnd (our server) and it says it's connecting us but nothing is happening. We don't know what to do and you just got Minehut back up so if you could help that would br great

RIP Minehut, you guys did worked hard :/

Keep going!

2 months ago2

Victory royale

epic one

MotionqSenior Moderator
2 months ago0

Wooo 👍

2 months ago0

Wooo indeed

2 months ago0

epic

2 months ago0

Noice

cool!

R2nModerator
2 months ago0

👍

2 months ago0

ebic

2 months ago0

😁

2 months ago0

Triple epic

_Gingey_Moderator
2 months ago1

👏

Yes Live Console!

2 months ago0

For some reason I could join in 1.13

yay

2 months ago0

Dope!

All my scoreboard objectives got reset :(

2 months ago0

🦀 crab rave 🦀

Were you able to catch the player that did it?

TrentAdmin
2 months ago0

We're aware of who did it and how they did it yes. We won't be releasing that info though.

Yay Minehut is back online! Dispite the server damage :( Aww my server wasn’t recovered, good thing word has my skripts and blueprints.

I wish best of luck to the server owners who were affected and didn’t save all their work safely on their pc!

Rebuild

But yay Minehut did their best, ty Minehut finally back online!

2 months ago0

I lost a very og server made before they changed the panel now everything is lost

nice!

2 months ago0

Party rockk

I lost 1325 credits that I paid for and my server is a previous version and doesn't have plugins that I got with my credits :(

Also, I only recall having one server, then changing the name of it, but now I have a server with the current name and the previous name, and I am not able to access the console for the one with the current name

for some reason i cant log into my console. i enter my username and password and it just does a loading circle forever :P

This is actually good cause we get free credits. Now I'm gonna purchase script and buycraft

And I hope my bad server didn't get recovered so I get free 9k credits for nothing lol😂

2 months ago0

gg

2 months ago0

I was gone from minehut for a while and never knew about this. But now i'm glad that my main server is recovered (dont know about my other one) and I got 1000 Creditos. Thanks my dude!

Both my servers Bunker4 and Bunker5 were lost but I didn’t receive any extra credits.

well i did lose my spawn and everything i did before the outage (so basically it didnt get recovered) and i didnt get the extra credits but the 1000 credits but eh i am just glad its back up.